Wakefield Canada Inc., is a privately owned Canadian company that markets, distributes and manufactures category leading products for the automotive, commercial heavy-duty and industrial markets including Castrol, the #1 brand of passenger car motor oil in Canada, and the “Super Clean” cleaner-degreaser brand.
In July of 2015, the company celebrated its 10th anniversary as the exclusive Canadian marketer of Castrol lubricants. With coast-to-coast distribution and warehousing, and a large dedicated sales force, Wakefield provides exceptional service and innovative solutions to more than 5,000 customers in all segments, including retailers, warehouse distributors, automotive and heavy duty jobbers, franchised and independent installers, quick lubes, fleet companies, new car dealers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
Wakefield Canada Inc. is recognized as a Platinum Member with the Canada's Best Managed Companies program. This accomplishment puts Wakefield amongst the best-in-class of Canadian owned and managed companies, demonstrating clear strategy and vision, capability, and commitment to talent.
This position is responsible for the safe and environmentally sensitive production scheduling and performance of manufacturing operations (Bulk loading & offloading, Blending, Packaging, Receiving, Drums/Pails/Kegs/Totes filling, and Blow Molding). This position will be on the afternoon shift.
- Manage the daily operations in Production, including the supervision of the production employees.
- Work collaboratively with Distribution, Procurement and Planning in meeting daily production schedules and IFOT requirements.
- Ensure that all production work orders are updated and properly closed off on a daily basis in Microsoft AX Dynamics.
- Daily review and completion of the Packaging lines Process Monitoring System and Plant Operational Excellence Shift Reports.
- Develop and consistently maintain Manufacturing cross functional Training Matrix.
- Provide weekly analysis of packaging line performance (efficiency, downtime, bottlenecks, improvement opportunities, raw material supplies, etc.).
- Ensure work activities occur in a manner that provides a safe and healthy work environment for all manufacturing employees and produce product without harm to people, assets and the environment.
- Oversee the execution of the HSSE systems within the manufacturing operations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, HSSE standards, and industry/government regulations.
- Administer the collective bargaining agreement and ensure proper and uniform interpretation of the agreement as well as investigating and settling initial grievance complaints.
- Work closely with Quality Services in establishing and maintaining low defect rate, lowering flush, decreasing internal NCMRs, and assuring first time pass blending rates.
- Actively participate in the Joint Steering Committee meetings with Union representatives.
- Identifying operational continuous improvement opportunities and developing Capex Plan proposals; partner with Engineering & Maintenance to identify and implement projects that will drive safe, reliable and efficient manufacturing production.
DIRECT MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
- Leadership experience with the ability to mentor, coach and develop others.
- Strong collaboration, partnering, and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical abilities to diagnose complex organizational issues and recommend actions to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Must possess sound interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to project a positive image to both internal and external clients.
- Proactive in identifying trends or problems prior to their occurrence, recommending solutions, and then implementing recommendations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Can multi-task efficiently and function in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- A ‘people person' and a leader with project management skills who has the confidence and ability to clearly communicate goals and plans.
- Must be willing to contribute visionary ideas and clearly communicate expectations.
- Responsible for the supervision, evaluation and development of their team.
- Provide direction, coaching, mentoring, training and work flow supervision to all department members.
- Create an environment that encourages personal and career development.
- 8 – 10 years direct experience in manufacturing, packaging, facilities and equipment maintenance, plant and project engineering and project management
- Previous management or supervisory experience.
- University degree / College diploma in Engineering / Engineering Technology would be an asset.
- Experience at equipment manufacturers and at liquid blending and packaging operations in the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Strong Microsoft Suite and Microsoft AX skills would be an asset.
- Combination of Office and Manufacturing floor environments.
- Regular plant operations/warehouse/truck yard environment which would require the use of all necessary PPE (safety glasses, safety boots, reflective clothing, hearing protection).
- Extended hours or weekends during peak times may be required while overseeing operations.
- Afternoon shift available.