The IT Infrastructure Engineering team runs Avanade’s internal technology infrastructure and applications. It plays a crucial role in trying out Microsoft technologies before we recommend them to clients. This team primarily helps to ensure error-free operation of all Avanade IT systems, which are crucial to everything we do.
As a senior analyst in IT Infrastructure Engineering, you will help implement, support and maintain various IT systems and applications, most of which are based on current Microsoft technologies. You will provide hardware and software support and implement operating system-level technology across our servers and networks. This role requires end-user troubleshooting, support skillset and the ability to provide good customer service.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Help implement and test enhancements to our infrastructure
- Support infrastructure change and deployment efforts such as enterprise-wide application deployment and desktop deployment
- Help Avanade migrate to new Microsoft systems and technologies
- Create build automation guides for consistently repeatable infrastructure builds and deployments
- Construct end-user training material for new platforms and technologies
- Support test activities
- Manage incident escalation and drive towards to end-user satisfaction
- Resolve incidents that affect production server/client systems
- Develop documents and knowledge capital on Workstation/SCCM topics
- Manage and report updates on workstation / SCCM deployments
You are a strong individual contributor who can still be a team player. You will perform increasingly complex work that involves analyzing problems, performing assigned tasks, and meeting deadlines without close supervision. Your expertise and conscientiousness will be critical in ensuring that Avanade’s IT systems are world class and operating at peak efficiency.
Your technical skillset includes:
Your non-technical skillset includes:
- Expertise in several of these areas: infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft); hardware/software installation, virtualization and configuration; Active Directory; Microsoft Deployment Toolkit; Microsoft System Center; Microsoft SQL; Microsoft Internet Information Server
- Strong Microsoft Server/Client troubleshooting and support skills
- Knowledge in operations management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations
- Proven ability to self manage and operate within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with ITIL methodologies
- Working knowledge of Windows PowerShell and scripting
- Ability to interact with internal stakeholders of diverse professional backgrounds
- Good communication and presentations skills
- Solid written and spoken English skills.
You likely have at least one year of experience in systems and infrastructure engineering and, preferably, an undergraduate degree in an IT-related field.