Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
A Process Research and Development (PRD) team member for assigned New Product Development projects, to establish safe, cost competitive and robust processes suitable for transfer to Production. Undertakes effective planning and execution of project experimentation and the evaluation of the corresponding results. Collaborates with other project members to ensure project timelines are adhered to.
- Researches and develops safe, commercially competitive laboratory procedures for fine chemical and pharmaceutical actives production.
- Ensure that all project information (patents, reports, schemes, flow diagrams, etc.) are filed in the project files in webtop.
- Develops an appreciation for the principles of cGMP and to conform with all relevant departmental safety requirements and other company standard operating procedures.
- Completes all reports and documentation associated with assigned projects as directed.
- Acts as a member of the technology transfer team on scale-up implementation, and to supply information and/or perform laboratory experiments associated with this work as required.
- Executes assigned laboratory duties for the benefit of the entire group to a satisfactory level.
- Participates in problem solving on assigned projects through careful observation and record keeping.
- Meets all deadlines associated with projects as directed.
- Keeps the project leader of assigned projects up-to-date on experimental results.
- Works in a safe manner collaborating as a team member to achieve all outcomes.
- Demonstrate Behaviours that exhibit our organizational Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion.
- Ensure personal adherence with all compliance programs including the Global Business Ethics and Compliance Program, Global Quality policies and procedures, Safety and Environment policies, and HR policies.
- M. Sc. degree in Chemistry or a closely related field from a recognized academic institution or
- B.Sc. in Chemistry with a minimum two (2) years of experience in a related field or
- CET (or equivalent) with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills, fosters good relationships with other departments to ensure a co-operative, mutually respective environment resulting in rapid resolution of problems and achievement of goals.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- The willingness to upgrade knowledge/education as require.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year