Gerry Enns Contracting Ltd is a general contractor and custom builder offering residential construction, commercial construction, industrial construction, and construction management services throughout the Fraser Valley and Greater Vancouver. As part of the Emil Anderson Group of Companies, GEC embraces the family-oriented culture and values working together through excellence to provide its customers with the highest quality product.
We are seeking a Project Estimator to join our team at our Office in Chilliwack, BC. Gerry Enns Contracting offers competitive wages and benefits, in addition to a challenging and fun work environment.
- Manage the financial performance of various projects
- Work with the team to estimate project costs and communicate to customers and prospective buyers
- Coordinate meetings with Customers, Sales Staff, and Project Superintendents
- Manage project schedules and specifications into Company management software
- Purchase materials and equipment
- Communicate with customers, suppliers, and subtrades on estimate changes, distribute CO’s, and assign PO’s
- Conduct and manage reports
- Work with management to improve project efficiencies
- Build and maintain good relationships with suppliers
- Stay current with trends, materials, and products
- Successfully completed a technical certificate or diploma in civil engineering, architecture, or other related program; project management training is an asset.
- 5+ years' experience in commercial estimating and construction
- Residential estimating experience an asset
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, primarily in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience with Plan Swift or On Centre Estimating
- Experience with architectural and/or AutoCAD software is considered an asset
How to Apply:
- Please submit your application to email provided through Indeed. GEC thanks all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.
- For information about our company please visit our website at www.gerryennscontracting.com
Job Type: Full-time
- commercial estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- residential estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- technical certificate (Preferred)