The Payroll Assistant’s main function is to assist the payroll coordinators. This involves preparing payrolls for the coordinators when they arrive and packaging the payrolls for the coordinators when they are posted. Speed and accuracy are both essential and important attributes. As time permits they are also expected to assist the Receptionist and Director of Operations. The payroll assistant is also expected to have a working knowledge of the payroll system.
Apply directly at: https://boards.greenhouse.io/113134/jobs/4429841002
- Preparation of the payrolls when they are delivered.
- This includes, but is not limited to:
- Alpha-sorting timecards
- Writing SIN # on timecards.
- Verifying union member status on start slips
- Verifying corporations against the BC Corporate and HST Registries
- Preparation of the posted payrolls for delivery back to the client. The expectation of this job is 100% accuracy and requires a high level of focus and attention to detail. It includes, but is not limited to:
- Matching cheques to time cards
- Folding and inserting cheques into envelopes
- Photocopying time cards as needed.
- Assembling invoices
- Preparing a professional looking, correctly labeled (including information on payment) and 100% accurate package for pickup.
- Communication with the client regarding when the payroll is/will be ready and if the client requires any additional supplies.
- Works with the Senior Payroll Assistant in maintaining the printers and fax machine. This includes ensuring there is adequate paper and toner in the machines, that maintenance concerns are brought to the attention of the Director of Operations, and an accurate log is kept of all toner cartridge changes.
- Works with the Senior Payroll Assistant in maintaining an accurate and effective filing system and assisting with the transition of filing materials to Iron Mountain.
- Maintaining the garnishment files. Communication of garnishment orders and removals to the Garnishment department in Burbank.
- Assisting Burbank’s IT department as needed with assistance on maintaining PC’s and the Vancouver Servers.
- Distribution of Worksafe BC Correspondence
- Back-up as needed for bank deposits
- Back-up as needed for running tax credit reports
- Back-up and assistance as needed with preparation of union remittances
- Office runs
- As time and opportunity permit, the clerk is expected to gain a beginner’s knowledge of the payroll coordinator job including entering simple payrolls
- Daily back-up for answering phones and troubleshooting enquiries by researching the payroll system.
- Daily back-up for greeting clients.
- Shared responsibility for ensuring the professional appearance of the office
- Shared responsibility for ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen area
- Must exhibit sense of urgency with regard to client servicing
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent PC and calculator skills including the ability to work on a computer and calculator by touch
- Flexibility to shift priorities as needed to service the team’s clients
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently, goal oriented and people oriented
- Schedule must be flexible to accommodate workload and client needs.
- Working with speed and accuracy
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)