The CPAC Festival is celebration of the fusion of music and food. The festival celebrates multiculturalism by bringing the Caribbean Community together with its rich history and diverse culture. It continues to draw audiences mainly from across Canada and the USA while being the longest running Food and Music festival in North America.
This role is a Part-Time remote position working a flexible schedule.
CPAC is looking for a talented Social Media Coordinator & Graphic Designer to administer our social media accounts. You will be responsible for creating original text, graphic designs and video content, manage posts and respond to followers. You will also manage our company image by developing various types of creative content using multiple tools. Our social media coordinator & graphic designer must have a natural eye for design and colour and create graphics that effectively resonate with our audience. You would need to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends and should have excellent communication skills and express our company’s views creatively.
This position is predominately REMOTE with the exception of attending Monthly Management meetings
- Design and implement social media strategies to align with CPAC's business goals
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Use the appropriate colours and layouts for each graphic for social media
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos etc)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Develop illustrations and other designs using various design software e.g. Canva, Adobe illustrator etc.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures etc)
- Amend designs after feedback before posting to social media
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Suggest and implement new features on the social media platforms to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Proven work experience as a Social media coordinator
- Have a portfolio of work /samples of your previous work.
- Thrive in a cooperative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pride yourself on attention to detail.
- Hands on experience in content management
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Familiarity with design software and technologies
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices.
- Degree/Diploma in marketing or a related field/experience
This is a Remote position based out of the Greater Toronto region. Although a flexible work schedule is offered, availability is required to attend management meetings which take place once per month on Saturdays from 1pm-4pm. The Social Media Coordinator & Graphic Designer would also be expected to support during the festival which occurs in Toronto on August 11-13, 2023.
Only candidates with a Valid permit to work in Canada and HST number will be considered.
- Due to the nature of this role and our maturity as a company, all applicants must have permanent work authorization and an HST number prior to applying. We are not able to sponsor or transfer employment visas (e.g. H-1B).
- Must have the ability to work remotely.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
We evaluate all candidates based on their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates based on sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Secondary School (required)
- Social media management: 3 years (required)
- Graphic design: 3 years (required)
- Content development: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON
Expected start date: 2023-02-20