Vancouver, BC, Canada
This position reports directly to Site Controller and matrixed to site management and division managers for both Forestry and specifically 3Log Systems Inc.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Overall, a competent business partner to the Site Controller.
- Member of the division management team. Actively participates in the strategic, tactical and operational activities of the division.
- Responsible for the integrity of the division's financial statements including timely entry, reconciliation and month-end/quarterly preparation.
- Understands and communicates the division's financial results and trends to the division management team and Corporate Finance. Recommends an appropriate course of action when results differ from the plan.
- Conducts analyses and develops insights that improve the quality of decision making within the division management team.
- Drives efficient and effective business processes. Assures internal control compliance for processes owned by the division and with site controllers to assure compliance to internal controls on centralized processes.
- Develops monthly and quarterly forecasts, and annual budgets for submission to Corporate Finance.
- Active involvement in the division’s resource planning.
- Works closely with site Controller(s) and Corporate Finance in reviewing reserves for receivables, and determining the adequacy of overall liabilities.
- Plays a critical role in the business area’s business development needs such as acquisitions or strategic partnering relationships.
- Ensures business initiatives create shareholder value for both the division and Trimble.
- Develops formal and ad hoc reports that are required by division management in running the business.
Information to Review:
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Software experience required. Hardware experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to communicate across business functions and divisions.
- Must possess strong leadership characteristics.
- Must have strong experience in reporting requirements, consolidations (domestic and international subsidiaries), GAAP and is well versed in current accounting issues/ trends.
- Possess a working knowledge of IT systems design and implementation (preferably Oracle & Netsuite).
- Competent business partner to division general management.
- Experience in a financial management position at a global company is ideal.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
The following links are recommended in order to better your understanding of Trimble, and the products available within this particular division.
- Trimble's Natural Resources Sector
Videos to Review:
- Trimble Forestry [https://forestry.trimble.com/]
- 3LOG Systems, A Trimble Company [https://www.3log.com/]
- Trimble: Innovation at it's best
- Trimble: A History of Outstanding Innovations
- Trimble Forestry Woodforce [https://youtu.be/dBnf5uMcsGQ]
- Trimble Forestry Wedge [https://youtu.be/N9RJN6NR6VE]
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D