Type Full Time, Day Shift
Wage Negotiable based on experience; Medical Benefits; Other Benefits.
Location Stoney Creek (Ontario, Canada)
Type Full Time, Day Shift
Profit Sharing and Group Retirement Savings Plan
Certified as Great Place to Work Canada 2019
Named as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
Employee Family Scholarship Program
Generous Premium hourly rates for shift work positions
Flexible health benefits that work for you and your family
Great Culture, Family oriented and community involvement initiatives
Safety orientation & rewards program
The Team Leader is responsible for leading a team of fitters, welders, operators, material handlers, and QC Inspectors in providing the fabricated steel as specified within the multiple project plans, on time, on budget and to the level of quality required. The Team Leader also ensures the team is compliant with all applicable Health & Safety and Quality control programs, training and developing employees, and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Oversees the Execution of Fabrication Requirements
- Anticipates problems by monitoring the progress of the production schedule to the actual work performed, in order to ensure projects stay on time and all deadlines are met.
- Monitors daily consumables and requisitions materials and supplies as needed.
- Performs Production Planning for Fabrication Operations
- Determines fitter and welder requirements for each project and assigns staff based on the appropriate level of skill required for the job. Schedules and assigns them to the appropriate workstation.
- Anticipates workload for each individual in order to maximize production output and ensure no bottlenecks in the process.
- People Leadership
- Guides and coaches staff on how to proceed when problems are encountered to ensure that they are resolved promptly.
- Promotes and enforces safe work practices e.g. housekeeping, documenting and submission of incident reports; plans and delivers Tool Box Talks; completes audits; may attend Health & Safety Committee meetings and ensures corrective actions are implemented when identified by the H&S Committees. Initiates and continually maintains a positive culture with regard to Health and Safety.
Desired Skills and Experience
A minimum of six years experience as a fitter or fitter/welder
Completion of three year apprenticeship program in Metal Fabrication
Skills, Knowledge and Competency Requirements
Knowledge of the steel fabrication and construction industry, concepts, practices, and procedures
Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and workplace requirements
Knowledge of shipping and logistics
Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates in a demanding work environment
Effective problem solving and decision making skills
Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
Effective verbal, written and listening skills
Strong supervisory Skills
Fast paced environment with physical demands that include walking and standing for long periods of time.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
To apply to this job email email@example.com
Walters Group is committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. #IND1