Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
The mission of our creative team is to become the best cannabis agency in the world, creating a new benchmark for the performance and output of an internal creative team.
Canopy is looking for an enthusiastic and talented candidate to create compelling and memorable creative that solves business needs and helps build our CBD and Animal Health brands as we develop new products and formats. Your mission is to lead the conceptualization, design and prototyping of smart, beautiful design, with a focus on packaging for existing products—and others we haven’t even conceived of yet.
- Lead design, with a focus on the creation of packaging that stands out on a crowded shelf. This means developing creative from concept through final execution—ideating through brainstorming sessions, evolving creative concepts, and building and delivering client presentations.
- Create and present 3D models of packaging designs to demonstrate the proposed structure.
- Work with other members of the creative team, including copywriters, illustrators, motion designers, photographers, and videographers, to bring ideas and designs to life.
- Work with external agencies, contractors, and freelancers as required.
- Adhere to brand guidelines and maintain a strong hold on brand consistency; add to brand guidelines as needed.
- Help develop new brand identities for sub- and complementary brands.
- Maintain high standards for brand design and product imagery.
- Manage multiple projects at once, while delivering on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years packaging design experience with technical skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and/or 3D-rendering software tools.
- A strong portfolio of packaging work across different brands and media. Experience in cannabis or other highly regulated industries a plus. Experience in retail design a bonus.
- Knowledge of packaging regulations that apply to a variety of products in Canada and the U.S., and/or an understanding of how to translate such regulations into compliant packaging.
- Demonstrated knowledge of structural packaging, including a detailed understanding of packaging substrates and their characteristics, and packaging production techniques.
- An ahead-of-the-curve knowledge of packaging innovations and trends.
- A dedication to designing innovative and sustainable packaging.
- Strong understanding of how to take a project from brief to production with supervision from art director and creative lead.
- The ability to work well under pressure, and to think on your feet while managing multiple clients and projects.
- A solution-driven, entrepreneurial spirit that will not settle for anything but the best, and is unafraid of the work required to get there.
- Comfortable presenting your creative thinking to a team.
- Understanding of file organization, and proper naming conventions and storing.
- The ability to thrive in environments where designs and ideas are thoughtfully challenged in the pursuit of a better outcome.
- Flexibility, optimism, and belief in creating and further developing a positive work atmosphere.
Please provide a CV and a portfolio of design samples.
This is a full time position based out of Kanata.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.