About our Company:
Cologix provides network and cloud neutral interconnection and colocation services in highly strategic and densely connected data centers. We enable customers to scale their businesses rapidly and cost-effectively by delivering flexible space, reliable power, and dense cloud and network connectivity to customers in the carrier, cloud, content delivery, media, financial services and enterprise communities. Our customers have direct access to our local operations teams which result in strong partnerships backed by exceptional operational support and unparalleled customer service. With 27 Data centers in the United States and Canada, Cologix offers space, power, cooling, cross-connects and physical security for its customers. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado and have data centers in Columbus (3), Dallas (2), Jacksonville (2), Lakeland (1), Minneapolis (3), Montreal (7), New Jersey (3), Toronto (2), and Vancouver (2) where we provide local dedicated support teams for our colocation and interconnection customers. Our company is backed by one of the largest North American Infrastructure funds and we have huge growth ambitions.
About the Position:
The Facilities Engineer is responsible for the operations of the Datacenter infrastructure components including but not limited to Mechanical Systems; Chillers, CRAC, CRAH, pumps, condensers and Electrical Systems; UPS, Generators, ATS, batteries and DC plants.
What you do daily: *
- Manage all aspects of the Mechanical and Electrical operations within the Datacenters
- Manage and track cooling capacity, temperatures and efficiency throughout the Datacenters
- Manage and track electrical capacity, UPS loads, customer consumption and breaker availability
- Maintain detailed site specification documentation of As-Builts, Single-Lines and pre-sales spec sheets
- Plan physical environment installs including capacity expansions, system upgrades, and new CRAC, In-Row cooling, UPS, distribution panels, etc.
- Responsible to lead the troubleshooting process and repairs in case of events or equipment failure. Make recommendations to prevent reoccurrence of such events.
- Ability to cover 24 x 7 support escalations/ DC incidents management and service calls for timely recovery.
- Optimize cooling and electrical distribution for optimal PUE
- Schedule, manage and document vendor provided preventive maintenances per the manufacturer’s specifications of all equipment
- Review and approve all facilities maintenance tasks/MOPS when required as part of change management system
- Oversee and monitor all facilities record keeping
- Works with internal customers and 3rd party service providers on installation of new hardware and replacement of faulty hardware.
- Liaison with all AC/DC users, vendors & counterparts within the company for onsite infrastructure & service related issues and process.
- Maintain accurate site documentation such as maintenance records, power consumption, temperature trends, PUE trends, etc
- Ensure that best practices are adhered to in areas of cooling and electrical documentation
- Participate in pre-sales engineering of Customer solutions
- Manage installs against aggressive schedules
- Participate in facilities post incident reviews as required
- Participate in regular facilities audits
What makes you a good fit: (Qualifications)
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing mission critical facilities
- Experience with cooling subsystems such as Chillers, CRAC, CRAH, etc.
- Understanding of IT systems including but not limited to servers, network systems, fiber and copper cabling
- Experience with AutoCAD and Visio
- Experience in large, complex construction projects
- Good knowledge of network structured cabling and its best practice.
- Ability to read and comprehend single line diagrams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort in working in a fast paced 24*7 environment
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Cologix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Managing Mission Critical Facility: 5 years (Required)