Reporting to the Custodial Lead Hand the Custodian is responsible for the cleaning of all Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation properties. The Custodian operates according to the Standard Operating Procedures of the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate floor cleaning equipment, restroom cleaning.
- Maintaining janitorial equipment.
- Good mechanical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Conducts checks and cleaning of bathrooms and supplies levels.
- Set up and takedown of banquet tables and chairs when required.
- Reports any maintenance issues to management.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work and respond to emergency situations.
- Operate a variety of equipment to perform cleaning and preventative maintenance to floors, walls, windows, mirrors, and other surfaces.
- Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Clean, maintain and keep all tools organized and in good working condition.
- Ensure Health and Safety Guidelines are followed.
- Performs other related duties as may be required.
- Nights 11pm-6:30am
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- One year of work related experience in the custodial or customer service field. Must be willing to take training and upgrading as required.
- Have knowledge of general cleaning and maintenance practices.
- Understanding of inventory control (receiving supplies, submitting orders).
- Able to deal with prolonged standing, walking and/or running. Pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50lbs required.
- Must have a pleasant attitude and disposition for working with the public.
- Willing to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends and holidays.
- Must pass a police record check.
- Must have reliable transportation as well as the ability to maintain their drivers’ license as they would be required to travel between locations in personal vehicle.
- Willingness to learn, accept change and adapt to new ideas, business concepts, and cultures.
The purpose of the Development Corporation is to enhance Six Nations to derive economic benefits, create employment for community members and generate income to support community priorities.
Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation will pursue economic self-sufficiency without sacrificing the cultural values and integrity of the Six Nations People.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- custodial: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)