Frankor is a busy metal working manufacturer looking for Quality Assurance Inspector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine manufactured parts to ensure they meet all standards of presentation and quality.
- Act as an impartial third party between the production source and the customer to ensure the product meets set criteria.
- Study product specifications and work instructions.
- Perform visual inspections, mechanical and functional verification of parts to ensure compliance to set specification and quality standards.
- Make independent judgments for subjective calls.
- Collect and record accurate data regarding defects.
- Tag and isolate defective material.
- Provide description or justification for defective material.
- Communicate sort/inspection results to managers, supervisors and production source.
- Complies with relevant local Health and Safety legislation.
- Supports Company Health and Safety Policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years inspection experience within the metal working industry
- 2+ years experience with machining in the metal working industry
- Ability to read blueprint drawings and specifications
- Adequate working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Well versed in Geometric Tolerances and the use of measurement instruments
- ERP system experience an asset
- Hydraulic systems knowledge an asset
- Team work
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Self directed
- Fast paced
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Work is normally performed in a manufacturing environment
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Corrected hearing and vision to normal range
- Use of office equipment including computers, telephones, calculators, copiers and fax machines
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as hard hat, safety shoes, safety goggles, ear plugs, fitted dust mask, etc. as required
- Must be able to take on new assignments as required
- Must work under deadlines and related stresses in a timely manner
- Must be able to handle various personnel and other situations as they arise in a professional manner
- Health & Dental benefits starting after 12 weeks
- Competitive pay based on skill and ability
- Uniform provided by the Company
Job Type: Full-time
- operating: 3 years (Preferred)
- CNC set-up: 2 years (Preferred)