Administrative Assistant - 210000N1
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
As an Administrative Assistant for our Ottawa District Office located in Ottawa, ON, on the Energy Services Acquisition Program (ESAP) project, you will contribute to our team by:
- Supporting day-to-day operations by performing administrative tasks for manager, department, or team.
- Developing and maintaining customer-focused relationships with all stakeholders.
- Answering telephone calls and taking messages for manager, department, or team members.
- Ensuring appropriate document control and compliance through filing, composing, and editing documents and reports for project team.
- Assisting with planning meetings and events, including arranging for catering, booking locations, and distributing information.
- Arranging travel, hotel, and car reservations and preparing travel itinerary.
- Ordering office supplies for department as requested.
- Supporting mail distribution and courier requests.
- Greeting visitors and answering their questions, directing them to meeting rooms, and connecting them with employees.
- Mentoring and coaching entry level administrative support staff.
- Other duties as required.
What you will bring to the role:
- High school diploma.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma or certificate in office administration program considered an asset.
- 3 years of progressive experience as an administrative assistant.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to change.
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential information.
- Ability to effectively handle difficult situations and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to create, edit, proofread, and format documents/presentations.
- Intermediate skills in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, and OneNote.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com with the position and location you are interested in.
Safety is a core value that guides everything we do. As such, all PCL salary and student employees based in Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective November 1, 2021. Employees may request an exemption due to medical condition(s) and other applicable human rights grounds.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
: Regular Full-time
: Experienced Professional
Company : PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
: Nov 21, 2021, 10:09:35 PM
: Administrative Assistant