JOB TITLE: Kitchen Porter
DEPARTMENT: Back of House
RESPONSIBLE TO: Back of House Manager/Assistant, BOH Supervisor
To maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and tidiness of all food and drink preparation and Back of House of the restaurant.
Note: This is not an all inclusive list. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of all Food and drink preparation and Back of House areas.
- Carrying out daily and periodical cleaning duties as directed by Management.
- Making sure all cleaning tasks are carried out as per required standards.
- Advising Back of House Supervisor or Manager on duty of any shortages or damages to the equipment.
- Working together with all kitchen staff, assisting in food prep.
- Reporting any unsafe practices or Health and Safety hazards to Back of House Supervisor or Manager on duty.
- Actively contributing to pest monitoring and reporting any signs of pests to the Back of House Manager.
- Adheres to all health, sanitation and food safety rules and regulations, and makes sure all staff adheres to these.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately.
- Ensures that employees work in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and either corrects them or takes action to prevent them from happening.
- Keep the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, appropriate uniform, appearance, and conduct.
- Complying with all restaurant's procedures and policies regarding fire, health & safety and food safety.
- To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To ensure good communication with all your colleagues and superiors.
- To service and be responsible for all assigned area.
- To ensure the overall cleanliness of all areas of the restaurant at all times.
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by Management.
- Kitchens and food preparation areas: Cleans and disinfects sinks, countertops, machinery, ovens, grills, refrigerators, air duct, canopies filters, floors, etc. Replenishes cleaning supplies. Polishes metalwork, deep cleaning large equipment.
- Floors: Sweeps, mops, vacuums, and scrubs floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners. Other floor work may be required such as: scrubbing or degreasing.
- Dust: Dusts equipment, partitions, etc.
- Other Duties / Periodical deep cleaning: Cleans mats, staff toilets, changing rooms, basement, and outdoor restaurant areas. Washes walls and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels and stone.
- Dishwashing and washing all operating, service equipment.
- Placing all operating equipment in correct place.
- Emptying waste bins and recyclables and transporting waste to disposal area.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00-$16.00 per hour
- Operate an industrial dishwasher, washing dishes and glassware by hand when necessary
- Unload dishes, silverware, and glassware promptly and store them in the appropriate places
- Carry out basic cleaning tasks around the premises
- Assist chefs and waitstaff as required, especially during peak hours
- Escalate major issues when necessary (e.g. safety risks, equipment failure)
- Other duties as requested