Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, the Ontario Trillium Foundation is also one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario. With a budget of over $100 million, the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) awards grants to some 700 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities. OTF makes strategic investments that contribute to community wellbeing across six Action Areas: Active People, Connected People, Green People, Inspired People, Promising Young People and Prosperous People.
Each year, more than 3,000 applications are reviewed by hundreds of volunteers. Supported by professional and experienced staff, volunteers bring knowledge of local needs and a wide range of expertise to the decision-making process.
Build your Career at OTF:
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun. Come and join us!
We are looking for a high-performing professional to fill the role of Lead, Infrastructure and Help Desk.
Reporting and operating under the functional guidance of the Senior Manager of Information Technology, the Lead, Infrastructure and Help Desk role ensures the stable operation of OTF IT infrastructure including all cloud and on-premise environments containing servers, systems, storage and internetworking equipment, security equipment, databases, as well as data and telecommunication links. As the sole SME for infrastructure on the IT team, and with the support of OTF’s Managed Service Provider, the Lead will plan, develop, install, configure, maintain, support and optimize the OTF information infrastructure environment.
OTF continues to operate under hiring restrictions; however, for front-line business critical positions to OTF operations, roles may be approved for hire where necessary. Due to hiring restrictions, at this time, this role is being hired as a one-year contract with the possibility of becoming permanent.
What can I expect to do in this role?
· Ensure the availability, security, and integrity of OTF’s network infrastructure, domain, network security, datacenters, telecom, messaging and cellular services for all stakeholders
· Maintain all system, network and infrastructure design and capacity planning
· Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop architectures, and quality assurance policies and procedures
· Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets
· Establish service level agreements with other business units
· Coordinate and manage infrastructure related projects and initiatives
Acquisition & Deployment
· First point of contact for and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services
· Conduct research and make recommendations on network and security products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
· Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
· Manage and Support OTF’s O365 and Azure environment
· Support and advise on OTF’s Business Intelligence infrastructure and data governance initiative: Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake, SQL databases
· Manage and Monitor all aspects of OTF’s data centre including, but not limited to servers (domain controllers, file & print, SQL), operating systems, software, storage array networks, firewalls, routers, switches, wi-fi, antivirus, intrusion prevention systems, and telephony
· Manage and ensure high quality customer service of OTF’s helpdesk
· Manage overall network and database access rights and system(s) permission
· Ensure network connectivity of all workstations
· Administer all server level equipment, hardware and software upgrades
· Document and maintain technical infrastructure specifications and information
· Conduct server, network and database security audits
· Manage system backups and disaster recovery plans
· Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
· Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team
THESE WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
Skills and Attributes -
· Supervisory experience
· Working experience managing and supporting an on-premises data centre and cloud or hosted environments such as Microsoft O365 and Azure.
· Extensive server, SAN, network and database support experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Virtualization, Active Directory, SQL
· Linux Operating system (CentOS, Apache, Tomcat), and MySQL
· Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including IP v4 and IP v6, HP servers, storage area network (SAN), Extreme Network 100/1000/10000 (copper and fiber) switches, Sophos XG firewalls, VPN appliances, backup and restore technologies.
· Hands-on hardware, system, and database tuning troubleshooting experience
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Project management experience.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Highly self-motivated and directed
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Strong customer service orientation
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Accountability: Take ownership and deliver
· Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity
· Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better
How do I qualify?
· College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience in similar environment
· Certifications in CCNA, the following Microsoft certifications or equivalent experience:
o MCSE – Core infrastructure, Data Management & Analytics
o MCSA – Office 365
o Azure Fundamentals, Azure Administrator
o Service management - ITIL Foundation
o PMP certification is desirable
Directions for application:
To apply for this position, please visit our website and submit your cover letter and resume online.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
The closing date for this posting is June 14, 2020
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OTF is a Nut-Free and Scent Free Environment.
Reference ID: 1085 Lead, Infrastructure and Help Desk
Application deadline: 2020-06-14
Expected start date: 2020-07-13
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $0.00 /hour
The health and safety of our staff are of the utmost importance. As a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic, our staff are currently working from home.