Location: Discovery Harbour Care Center (formerly New Horizons) Campbell River
Schedule: Monday-Friday from 6 am - 2 pm
Mat leave contract for 1 year.
- Maintain the facility master schedule within CARECORP's scheduling system.
- Update employee schedules within CARECORP's scheduling system to reflect assigned shifts, incentives and attendance related events.
- Update employee availability within CARECORP's scheduling system.- Schedule relief staff for planned and unplanned staffing vacancies.
- Communicate all changes in employment status to facility management and the Human Resources Department
- Advise the Human Resources Department of all internal position vacancies and subsequent postingrequirements.- Assess staff utilization on a daily basis. Advise facility management and the Human ResourcesDepartment of potential recruitment needs.
- Assist the Corporate Payroll Department in the investigation of payroll discrepancies.
- Communicate with facility management and the Human Resources Department concerns with employee performance.
- Immediately document and relay all employee reports to facility management and the Human Resources Manager, including, but not limited to, work-place injuries, safety concerns and incidences of bullying and harassment.
- Work in a confidential manner.
- Adhere at all times to the policies and practices of CARECORP Seniors Services, the Employment Standards Act of British Columbia, the BC Human Rights Code and WorkSafe BC Legislation.
- Additional tasks when assigned.
- Must be comfortable speaking over the phone
- Previous scheduling experience required- A minimum of a Secondary School Diploma.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in an administrative support role, preferably in healthcare.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Typing speed of thirty-two (32) WPM or greater.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Solid ability to work independently, problem solve and self-motivate.
- Ability to adapt to changes in process quickly and accurately.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of the Employment Standards Act, BC Human Rights Code and WorkSafe BC legislation.
CareCorp Seniors Services is a contracted services provider to the senior care community in complex care and assisted living settings, providing services including nursing, personal care & support, recreation, professional therapies, food services, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance.
Job Type: Full-time