Don't have a Security Worker's License? We've got you covered! For the right applicant, we will cover the cost of the Basic Security Training and License.
A CAREER YOU CAN COUNT ON
Do you take pride in keeping people and property safe?
Do you want to add security experience to your resume for future careers?
Then you could be a great fit as one of our security professionals!
As one of the top security company's in Canada, we frequently promote from within, and we are always on the lookout for responsible, top performers who want to advance their careers. Our reputation is built by our 20,000+ security professionals - with varied backgrounds, including responsible citizens, students, seniors, ex police and military—of all ages.
Our security professionals work at airports, schools, government facilities and many other commercial enterprises. We also work with police departments and municipalities to provide assistance in keeping Canadians safe.
Reach your full potential today!
Location: Tofino Hospital (non-union position)
Reports to: Client Manager
Shifts: Day shifts (0600-1800); Overnight shifts (1800-0600)
Positions Available: 2
- Provide superior customer service to clients and general public in the hospital.
- Provide access control and security foot patrols as needed.
- Work with VIHA staff and proactively respond to and resolve emergency situations/conflicts.
- Complete evacuation and emergency response procedures.
- Communicate problems or concerns to the site supervisor. Write digital incident reports as needed.
- Possess excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing and organizational abilities.
- Have knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations.
- Perform all duties with high safety standards.
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to complete hospital specific training as well as able to get an annual flu shot
- Must possess a valid B.C. security workers licence or be willing to obtain
- Must be fluent in the English language - written, verbal and reading skills
- Must have a positive attitude with a professional demeanor, and strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Have excellent attention to detail, as well as professional incident report writing skills
- Have excellent problem solving skills with an ability to handle emergency situations in a calm manner
- Have the ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations
- Have a demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public
- Preference will be given to applicants who possess a valid B.C. security workers licence and can a variety of shifts - afternoons and nights as required
- Possession of a valid B.C. driver’s licence, fluency in another language, military or police experience, or experience in the security industry are assets
- Opportunities for advancement and in-house training
- Group-life, medical & dental coverage after 6 months
- Free uniform and dry-cleaning reimbursement
- Safety boot allowance
- Paid sick, vacation and personal needs time-off
- RRSP contributions
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.