Riverside Millwork Group is a truly forward thinking group of companies with over 40 years of success in the building materials and millwork markets. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
RMG is defined by the passion of its team and the belief that each day brings new opportunities for growth and success. In 2018, RMG was listed as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies (McLean's) with a five year revenue growth of 253%.
Our company is in the business of delivering a richer and more personalized customer experience to builders, architects, general contractors and interior designers. Our package of millwork products includes interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers and custom millwork, hardwood flooring, and millwork installations.
We are currently recruiting an Outside Sales Representativeto service Hamilton and the surrounding area.
HOW TO APPLY:
RMG likes to think "outside of the box". To apply please send us 150 wordsexplaining what motivates YOU to sell, and why you think you are the perfect match for Riverside! In addition, please provide a copy of your resume.
- Represent the Company in a positive and professional manner
- Pursue new sales leads, including homebuilders and homeowner accounts
- Manage existing accounts efficiently and without error
- Conduct on-site and/or showroom consultations with clients to complete product selections and specifications
- Read blueprints to complete takeoffs for estimating/quoting purposes
- Collect site measurements to complete accurate takeoffs for sales orders
- Provide accurate specifications to inside sales team for paperwork processing and project coordination
- Confirm specifications on customer provided purchase orders and/or specification sheets and provide proper information to inside sales team for project coordination
- Contact customers for any amended purchase orders or specifications prior to order entry as required
- Ensure all special orders are requested in a timely manner to avoid backorders
- Contribute weekly sales budget/forecast information to sales team’s on-going reporting initiatives
- Adhere to existing reporting requirements, including monthly updates to contact lists
- Research and investigate product market trends and competitor’s product offerings and pricing
- Attend vendor conducted product knowledge seminars and workshops
- Handle general customer service and inquiries when required
- Follow up with all customers to ensure project completion is satisfactory – mitigate any outstanding issues or incomplete elements
- Inform company owners/directors of new potential opportunities
- Refer small builder and contactor sales to showroom when amounts are lower than normal levels (use discretion)
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Competencies:
- Strong sales abilities, with 2 years’ experience in interior building materials sales
- Understanding of residential construction industry
- Technical and product knowledge of interior building materials manufacturing and specification
- Knowledge of construction scheduling, interior finishing sequencing
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints
- College or Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Relentless drive to prospect for new business
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize
- Positive attitude towards working in a team environment
- The ability to communicate effectively with local businesses.
- Patience to prospect on a regular basis
- Excellent business to business telephone communication skills
- Very adept at communicating via emails and utilizing CRM systems for follow ups
- Independent and a Self-Starter
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Competitive salary, with commission on sales
- Company vehicle
- Performance Bonus
- Protected clients and territories
- An excellent working environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan, and health and dental benefits
- Company RRSP program with company matching
We thank you for your interest, but only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Building Materials: 3 years (Preferred)
- Business Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Clean Driver's Abstract (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- Working at Heights (Preferred)