Controller Job Duties:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Prepares financial statements and manages financial activity for companies in Canada and United States
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by reviewing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories;.
- Completes operational requirements following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Review insurance requirements and ensure adequate coverage based on assessed risks including Workers Compensation and Safety
- Review contracts and ensure invoicing is compliant
- Manage cash flow
- Maintain patent inventory and correspond with patent lawyers
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Controller Qualifications and Skills:
Holds professional accounting designation (CPA) in good standing
Ten years post graduate experience in corporate accounting and management, or related fields
Managing Processes, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management
Job Type: Full-time