Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Director, Commercial Operations and Analytics
This position is for a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing initiatives to support the Bank’s goal of obtaining approval to transition to the Advanced Internal Ratings Based (AIRB) approach to determining Regulatory Capital requirements for Credit Risk. These initiatives may include core-system changes as one of the deliverables. The Project Manager will follow Equitable Bank’s delivery methodology, policies, procedures, and practices under the direction of the Commercial Department, in conjunction with the Project Management Office, BASEL PMO and Technology Delivery groups. The scope, timelines and deliverables of the overall AIRB Program will be directed by the dedicated BASEL PMO Program Leaders and Program Sponsor.
Initiate, plan and execute projects in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures, and the methodologies and standards established by the PMO and in alignment with AIRB Program Governance:
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
- Manage several initiatives of different priority levels through the entire project life cycle
- In collaboration with project sponsors and stakeholders, define project scope, objectives, approach and deliverables
- Develop project plans, resource plans and project governance documents
- Track project deliverables and milestones
- Manage the Project Change Control process
- Identify and manage risks, issues and interdependencies and report up critical items to the AIRB Program Management team
- Prepare status reports in accordance to the Program governance standards
- Ensure project artefacts and control documents are completed and filed according to PMO standards
- Assign tasks and responsibilities to the project team
- Oversee the production and approval of project deliverables
- Lead or facilitate project meetings
- Document minutes and action items from project meetings
- Participate in the gathering and production of business requirements
- Support overall project deliverables as requested by the Director, Commercial Operations and Analytics
- 5+ years of Project Management experience in Risk Management, Policy, Compliance, Law or Bank Regulation; or Consulting on bank practices in any of these fields
- Experience managing cross-functional Business driven projects through the entire life cycle
- Ability to analyze complex business issues, identify solutions and assess impacts
- Good knowledge of project management methodologies based on PMBOK
- Post-secondary education (diploma/degree), preferably in business or finance
- Good understanding of business requirements process and experience working with Business Analysts
- Familiar with lending platforms
- Experience working closely with internal IT groups and outside vendors to deliver the technology work packages to projects
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle methodology
- Experience managing stakeholders in a matrix environment
- Good organizational skills
- Solid communication skills; can convey complex issues in clear and concise manner
- Strong business writing skills; produces grammatically-correct and error-free project documentation
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS Project and MS Visio
- Knowledge of industry best-practices on self-assessments against regulatory guidelines within the Basel framework is highly desirable
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.