Are you a culinary superstar? We have an amazing opportunity available at Vancouver's most sought out restaurant- Market East! Send us your application and let us know why you would make a great asset to our team!
Inspired by Singapore night markets, MRKT EAST is an innovative dining experience featuring a menu of Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Thai, Singaporean, and Vietnamese favorites. Melding traditional approaches with modern takes, cooks engage with guests as their dishes are prepared. The restaurant’s coffee bar serves a variety of specialty coffees, bubble tea, smoothies, and pastries.
The Wok Cook will be responsible for back of the house management, and organizing duties pertained by cooks. In addition to daily back of house management, the Sous Chef will work as part of the management team to build sales and grow the business. This full time position requires excellent communication and team management skills, organization skills, and the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards.
The Wok Cook is primarily responsible for the preparation, assembly and cooking of food items for a specific kitchen station. The cook assists with inventory and ordering for a particular station and cleaning of the entire kitchen. The Cook will promote the Parq Vancouver facility and act as a positive role model and representative of Blau & Associates. The Cook continually strives for 100% guest satisfaction.
The Cook is responsible for:
- Working in collaboration with other Team Members and Departments to ensure the kitchen and outlets operate in accordance with established operational procedures
- Proper set-up, maintenance and adherence to scheduled duties, ensuring mise-en-place and par stock is maintained for all position related items, conducting regular inventory and ordering products as required
- Regularly inspecting food and supplies ensuring that proper product rotation and safe food preparation and storage standards are maintained
- Ensuring food preparation is completed for a specific kitchen station and assembling or cooking items as required
- Following established sanitation standards, maintaining a clean work station and assisting with cleaning of the overall kitchen and service areas
- Maintaining a composed and professional demeanor while providing exemplary service
- Being aware of menu items, menu and operational changes and communicating the information as appropriate
- Protecting the organization, guests and co-workers by adhering to applicable food, liquor safety and workplace standards, operational requirements and statutory compliance regulations
- Ensuring that all property, furnishings, equipment and supplies are used according to proper instructions and intended use
- All duties as assigned by the Executive Chef or their designated representative
The Cook must:
- Have experience as a Wok Cook in a similar environment including a hotel, restaurant, catering or other fast paced high-volume establishment
- Have a valid Foodsafe Level 1 certificate. A red seal certificate would be considered an asset.
- Have a command of both spoken and written English. Knowledge of a 2nd language would be considered an asset
- Have an solid understanding of different cuisines and food preparation methods
- Have a detailed product knowledge and effectively handle all inquiries including food suggestions, dietary, food sensitivity or allergy requirements
- Manage inventory and proper product use to eliminate waste and spillage
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time, reach, bend and stoop repeatedly
- Be able to frequently lift and carry up to 44 pounds
Checkout www.parqvancouver.com/work or www.elizabethblau.com for more information! We are looking forward to hearing from you!