TBD (will reflect skills, qualifications and experience of applicant)
Right & Square Construction has been providing general contracting services for over 40 years, specializing in interior commercial renovations.
If you join Right & Square Construction, you will become part of a dedicated team that works together to provide our clients with the best service and experience.
Right & Square Construction is looking for a confident and experienced estimator to join the team. The ideal candidate will have a background in estimating for a general contractor, specifically for interior commercial renovation/build projects, and will demonstrate an extraordinary commitment to accuracy.
The estimator is responsible for calculating the total cost of a project including labour, trades and material costs. This includes identifying and researching suppliers/sub-contractors, preparing and evaluating requests for quotations from suppliers/sub-contractors, checking estimates for accuracy, presenting the prepared estimate, and working with the team on budgeting and cost control.
- Maintain an excellent rapport with all clients, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Read and interpret drawings, plans and specifications
- Produce comprehensive take-offs for various size projects
- Review documents in detail to ensure accurate pricing from sub-contractors/suppliers
- Prepare final estimates for clients based on needs and company profitability margins
- Manage multiple simultaneous estimation projects with consistent on time delivery
- Follow up on submitted bids
- Negotiate and administer scope changes in current projects
- Innovate new ideas for improving the estimating process
- Develop metrics for measuring cost-effectiveness of materials and techniques
- Maintain files and records of work
- Resolve issues and recommend solutions for successful project outcomes
- Educational background in construction or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Estimator for a General Contractor
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills with attention to detail
- Strong technical writing skills and effective verbal communicator
- Responsible attitude and leadership qualities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadline
If you are confident that you fulfill the requirements for this position and want to join the Right & Square Construction team, we want to hear from you.
Job Type: Full-time
- estimating: 5 years (Preferred)