1105 Fountain Street North, Cambridge, Ontario, N3E1A2
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Job Related & Physical Requirements:
- Direct daily activity to ensure productivity, safety and schedules are maintained
- Review the workload and plan the correct sequence for the assembly, shipping and receiving of products
- Supervise colleagues on the respective shift
- Ensure proper handling of products to confirm our customers receive quality merchandise
- Provide direction and coaching
- Create positive union relations
- Performance management of colleagues whilst adhering to the Collective Agreement
- Maintain integrity of inventory according to the inbound and outbound activity
- Maintain the security of the Distribution Center
- Support the Distribution Center in setting targets by participating in or leading performance improvement objectives
- Establish and maintain high personal involvement, accessibility, and visibility to Distribution employees
- Actively participate in organizational culture initiatives creating a culture conducive to higher engagement and retention
Experience, Education, and Training:
- Must be able to work in varying facility conditions
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
How You’ll Succeed:
- At least 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Computer applications using MS office
- Computer applications experience using SAP or warehouse operating system desired
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OH&S, Transport Canada, WHMIS, Health Canada regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.