Betel Home Foundation operates a 91 bed Personal Care Home in Selkirk and an 80 bed Personal Care Home in Gimli. We are accepting applications for Licensed Practical Nurses at our Gimli Site. 0.7 EFT Evenings position is available on a permanent basis. Nursing applicants may qualify for up to $6000 NNRF grant for rural / long term care nursing.
Consistent with the mission and values statements of Betel Home Foundation, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides comprehensive nursing care to the residents of Betel Home under the direction of the Director of Resident Care and Resident Care Manager. The LPN participates in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care. LPN’s recognize and fulfill their professional responsibilities by practicing within the framework of the LPN Act and the approved College of Licensed Practical Nurses Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
Currently registered with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba and a member in good standing.
Interest to participate in learning opportunities to develop self professionally and personally.
Ability to foster good relationships with staff, residents and public, thereby helping to maintain resident-focused care.
Ability to communicate and share knowledge with staff, residents and their families.
- Gives nursing care to all residents assigned to her care under the supervision of the Resident Care Manager, R.N. or R.P.N. and within the limits of her formal preparation and permitted by law.
- Maintains accurate records, reports and other documents pertaining to the care and treatment of residents.
- Participates in inservice and staff development programs, resident care conferences and staff meetings.
- Documents nursing care according to approved charting guidelines.
- Promotes good interpersonal relationships by modeling professional behavior and practice.
- Provides nursing care based on the nursing care plans.
- Supervises other health team members as appropriate (e.g. HCA’S students ) in delivering nursing interventions
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care plan, and based on this evaluation, revises the plan as necessary.
- Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of resident safety principles and practices in all daily activities.
- Supports an environment which avoids, prevents, and corrects all activities or actions which may results in adverse outcomes in the delivery of health care services.
- Provides a safe environment by ensuring the adherence to Workplace Safety and Health regulations and policies and Infection Control guidelines
- Informs supervisor of any unsafe acts, work condition, occurrences, near misses, injuries or illnesses immediately.
Job Type: Part-time
- CPR (Preferred)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Preferred)