Prototype Design Lab (PDLab) is seeking an experienced Architect or Interior Designer to join our team. PDLab is a Toronto-based design firm committed to blurring the boundaries between art, architecture and industrial design in projects that span across the globe.
We are a multi-disciplinary office located in Etobicoke with a focus on highly custom and creative design at a variety of scales (including residential, hospitality and commercial projects both locally based and abroad). We design and create at all scales, including graphics, art pieces, millwork and furniture and small objects, but focus on interior design and custom designs. Our design office is complemented by our fully-staffed on-site wood and metal shop that is used to produce many of our design initiatives.
We are seeking a creative and highly motivated individual to join our team, with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in an Interior Design or Architectural office.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and competent in his or her ability to bring a project from initial concept to complete drawings for construction and/or fabrication. Candidates should be eager and motivated to work at a variety of scales and to take on a variety of responsibilities; in exchange, he or she will be provided the opportunity to take on every level of role and responsibility that is available on our projects.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- design concepts and presentations
- architectural construction documents and detailed millwork drawings
- sourcing and ordering materials, products and finishes
- involvement throughout design, construction, fabrication and installation phases as required
A suitable candidate shall possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in an Interior Design or Architectural office
- Self-motivated with creative thinking skills in a fast-paced, flexible and multi-faceted environment
- A vision for cutting edge design, backed by an understanding of how to detail and execute it
- Strong sketching skills (hand-sketching or computer–based)
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Working experience with Rhino and 3DS Max
- Architecture or Interior Design degree / diploma from a recognized school
For a sample of our work, visit us at www.pdlab.ca
Please forward your resume and portfolio in pdf format.
Resumes sent without a portfolio will not be reviewed.
Job Type: Full-time