An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North and South America, and Asia. For over 125 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the outbound shipment schedule of processing facilities, while focusing on various transportation and logistics options to execute shipments per contractual obligations. Supporting the Supply Chain Manager by assisting in rate analysis and optimizing shipping modes, forecasting and planning solutions. Responsible for managing rail scheduling and OTR execution, by evaluating freight rates and KPI’s from various partners. Focusing on safe and efficient execution and dependable movement of our products to our customers and facilities. Contributing to the successful execution of on-time shipments by issuing rail billing, customs clearances and monitoring equipment. Always communicating with our customers with professionalism in an efficient manner.
- Scheduling plant operations based on contractual requirements, inventory, equipment availability and operational need.
- Evaluating outbound equipment options to successfully execute shipments. Following up with supply chain partners and adjusting equipment orders or shipment schedule as necessary to maintain efficient use of equipment and plant capacity, while executing in a cost-efficient manner.
- Efficient and timely communication with plant managers, operations staff and merchandisers on schedule changes, operational concerns or late shipments
- Creating shipping instructions/rail billing (EDI) for rail cars, inter modals or containers
- Updating internal systems and all stakeholders, with updates on the location and status of shipments currently in transit to ensure all shipments continue to move to destination without delay.
- Working with the Supply Chain Manager to strategize and implement cost saving initiatives as it relates to detention and demurrage. Ensuring transparency and accuracy in reporting.
- Arranging truck freight for outbound shipping. Following up to ensure the movement occurs as expected or resolving issues if faced with an undesirable situation
- Issuing customs clearances and bonds mandated by the regulatory requirements of Canada and the United States, as enforced by the CBSA (Canadian Border Services Agency) and the CBP (United States’ Customs and Border Patrol) governing bodies. Avoiding border crossings delays for the trucks carrying our product.
- Updating freight company records in our internal systems, including items such as rate data, performance, safety records, insurance, and ancillary charges.
- Maintaining the highest level of professionalism when communicating with customers, replying to customers questions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Creating tag marks, verifying and forwarding to processing facilities in a timely manner.
- Accurate reporting and management of truck, intermodal and rail rates within Scoular’s internal system and providing correct budgets to merchandising team.
- Reviewing the sales contracts and shipping instructions meticulously for specific requirements. Throughout the process communicating with various stakeholders when clarification or adjustments of specific requirements are necessary.
- Understanding the truck market and transportation industry trends, considering opportunities for alternatives or new programs. Relaying this information to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Monitoring and planning bag requirements at plant and off-site locations.
Other Projects and Initiatives
- Supporting the Supply Chain Manager with additional projects as required.
- Minimum 3 years in a planning/scheduling role
- Minimum 5 years logistics experience
- Rail experience required
- Strong customer service orientation and service leadership
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail Oriented with strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, proven time management skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively identify, research and solve problems.
- Flexible to learn and preform additional tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Agriculture experience
- Bulk transportation experience
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time