ILAC International College is hiring qualified Sales and Marketing College Instructors
ILAC International College is a leader in Career Colleges, offering high-quality professional business programs. ILAC International College was established as a partner to the award winning English Language School; International Language Academy of Canada – ILAC (www.ilac.com). We are growing quickly and have great opportunities for excellent instructors. Our students come from more than 70 countries with high levels of education, skills, and motivation to gain knowledge and experience in the Canadian workplace.
Practicum Placement Assistant/Advisor is responsible to develop new partnerships with employers. Research and identify new opportunities for the students, responsible for the administrative part of the practicum, such as documents collections and uploading. Supports the Employer Relations Manager with other tasks as required.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills, and a demonstrated ability for analytical reasoning and problem solving.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and develop relationships with targeted employers and organizations.
- Grow the number of placement opportunities for ILACIC students through establishing and communicating a strong ILACIC brand and profile with potential employers
- Research and identify new workplaces for the students
- Support Employer Relations Manager by effectively analyzing resumes, advising students and making effective recommendations accordingly
- Search a volunteering activity for the students, either through ILAC; or ILAC higher education workshop, and external activities
- Find students’ needs and try to meet their desired work placement individually
- Administrative duties: keep up to date student and employer files with attention to Ministry guidelines and compliance
- Provide innovative ideas to enhance student experience
- Follow up with students on a weekly basis, and make sure they fill the form required by the ministry
- Ensure that all students files are up to date
- Manage and respond to escalated student issues
- Ensure students are following the steps requested for the successful completion of practicum term
- Conduct student’s practicum evaluation required by the ministry, document and file all evaluation
- Actively match the right candidates for the right positions by reading resumes and talking to the students and their teachers
- Support Employer Relations Manager during the practicum meetings with students going to practicum; provide information about practicum such as documents needed, requirements and find out what they are looking for.
- Develop practicum documents and consult with Compliance team;
- Monitor calendar check points
- Other responsibilities as required;
- 1-2 years of experience in administrative work, or related field, or a combination of education and experience;
- Experience working with international students is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Acts with ethics and integrity and demonstrates sound judgment and respect for the individual in all interactions with others;
- Works well in an unstructured and entrepreneurial environment where decisions and actions need to happen quickly and professionally;
- Ability to identify problems, implement independent immediate solutions and create alternative solutions when needed;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Strong English language skills; other languages are an asset;
- Ability to prepare and conduct presentations and meetings;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently;
- Strong computer proficiency, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Email your resume and cover letter;
- Please make sure the subject line of your email includes the position you are applying for.
ILAC International College is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility to Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted, please advise should you require accommodation during the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Administrative support: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)