Diabetes Canada - North Toronto, ON
Grow your career while making an impact at Diabetes Canada!
Today, 11 million Canadians live with diabetes or
pre-diabetes. To stem the tide of this epidemic, Diabetes Canada is raising
its sights to deliver impact at a population level by advocating for healthy public policy, driving exceptional diabetes care
and promoting research towards a cure.
As part of our passionate team of Ontario
fundraisers, you will utilize your sales, marketing and event planning know how
to drive fundraising efforts through the coordination, execution and delivery
of events and programs at the local level to meet or exceed revenue and
attendance targets. This includes national campaigns, expositions, third
party-initiated campaigns and local community-based events in and around the Greater
Toronto Area. This sales-based role is a critical contributor to our
revenue-generating efforts, building community relationships to generate new
sponsors and partners while developing a dedicated volunteer network.
Highlights of the
- Meet or exceed annual fundraising goals by coordinating and executing
various fundraising events and programs in alignment with regional and national
- Leverage and grow partnership opportunities through cold calling,
- Identify and maximize event revenue generation opportunities through
creative avenues such as sponsorship, ticket sales, silent auctions to meet or
exceed fundraising goals
- Solicit sponsorship goals up to $5,000
Corporate/Community Engagement and
- Solicit, leverage and engage volunteers to support,
initiate and facilitate events
- Source and cultivate strategic partnerships with
third party organizations to host a fundraising event with proceeds benefiting
- Engage, network and support third party events
through sharing of resources, tools and best practices
- Collaborate with the regional and national team to identify fundraising
- Develop implementation plans for event maximization and execution at the
- Coordinate and execute events within budget while
- Evaluate return on investment and implement
improvements to achieve higher impact and return at future events
- Anticipate and plan for future events, trends,
problems and opportunities
- Explore existing community initiatives as potential
As the successful candidate for the role, you are/have:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in business,
project management, fundraising, or marketing, with relevant work experience.
- You bring 2+ years of experience in non-profit,
fundraising, sales, event planning and marketing. Project management experience an asset.
- Relationship building skills to foster new
relationships, energize our volunteers and gain the trust of our community
- An ability to attend evening and weekend community
events, dedicating extra hours when required to ensure successful fundraising initiatives.
- Travel in support of events
requires regular access to a car and valid Driver's License (we offer free
on-site parking at our North York office).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with
proven sales success in managing large events (250+), comfort with making
presentations and networking.
- You are flexible, able to multi-task in an ever-changing
environment with a proven ability of prioritizing responsibilities.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, experience
with social media, CRM databases and online fundraising platforms considered an
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You
role in an organization that is making a direct impact on the fight to
work-from-home arrangements available.
a high-performing team with highly skilled colleagues.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive
benefits and pension programs.
- Employee Perks Program – you can enjoy exclusive
savings and services in entertainment, travel, retail, health & wellness
About the Application Process
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and,
where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the
candidate to fulfill requirements of the role.
applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that
reflects the communities we serve.
committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring
process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the
interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be
Diabetes Canada employs over 800 people. Our mission is to ‘lead the fight against diabetes by helping people with diabetes live healthy lives while we work to find a cure’. To learn more about Diabetes Canada and our mandate please visit www.diabetes.ca.