Are you a culinary superstar? We have an amazing opportunity available at Vancouver's most sought out restaurant- Market East! Send us your application and let us know why you would make a great asset to our team!
MRKT EAST offers an innovative dining experience featuring distinctive Chinese Cuisine. Melding traditional approaches with modern takes, cooks engage with guests as their dishes are prepared. The restaurant’s coffee bar serves a variety of specialty coffees, bubble tea, smoothies, and pastries.
The Prep Cook is primarily responsible for the preparation of food items for a specific kitchen station. The prep cook assists with inventory and ordering for a particular station and cleaning of the entire kitchen. The Prep Cook will promote the Parq Vancouver facility and act as a positive role model and representative of Blau & Associates. The Cook continually strives for 100% guest satisfaction.
The Prep Cook is responsible for:
- Working in collaboration with other Team Members and Departments to ensure the kitchen and outlets operate in accordance with established operational procedures
- Proper set-up, maintenance and adherence to scheduled duties, ensuring mise-en-place and par stock is maintained for all position related items, conducting regular inventory and ordering products as required
- Regularly inspecting food and supplies ensuring that proper product rotation and safe food preparation and storage standards are maintained
- Ensuring food preparation is completed and stocked for cooks
- Following established sanitation standards, maintaining a clean work station and assisting with cleaning of the overall kitchen and service areas
- Maintaining a composed and professional demeanor while providing exemplary service
- Being aware of menu items, menu and operational changes and communicating the information as appropriate
- Protecting the organization, guests and co-workers by adhering to applicable food, liquor safety and workplace standards, operational requirements and statutory compliance regulations
- Ensuring that all property, furnishings, equipment and supplies are used according to proper instructions and intended use
- All duties as assigned by the Executive Chef or their designated representative
The Prep Cook must:
- Have similar experience in an environment including a hotel, restaurant, catering or other fast paced high-volume establishment
- Have a valid Foodsafe Level 1 certificate. A red seal certificate would be considered an asset
- Be able to obtain and maintain a GPEB license
- Have an excellent command of both spoken and written English. Knowledge of a 2nd language would be considered an asset
- Have an solid understanding of different cuisines and food preparation methods
- Have a detailed product knowledge and effectively handle all inquiries including food suggestions, dietary, food sensitivity or allergy requirements
- Have solid problem solving, decision making, customer service, communication and sales skills
- Manage inventory and proper product use to eliminate waste and spillage
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time, reach, bend and stoop repeatedly
- Be able to frequently lift and carry up to 44 pounds
*Must be available to work morning shifts*
Checkout www.parqvancouver.com/work or www.elizabethblau.com for more information! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)