Infrastructure & Planning
Vacant (Temporary - 6 Months Term)
Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse
area rich in oil and gas, fertile farm-land, and mixed wood forests. As the third-largest
rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an
extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a
talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents
experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks
and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrative Support, Infrastructure & Planning is responsible for providing administrative
support to the General Manager and Managers in the Infrastructure and Planning department.
- Draft and complete correspondence and action requests for the Infrastructure & Planning
- Assist in drafting “Request for Decision” documents and presentations for Council agendas as
- Prepare grant applications, and process grant claims for all capital projects.
- Track Bond and Certification of Insurance for tendered projects.
- Coordinate, check, and verify agreement / contract-related invoices for capital projects.
- Maintain a record and distribute copies of road construction requests.
- Update and maintain the Capital Road Program listing and project profiles.
- Distribute copies of road construction requests.
- Manage project files including budgets for road and bridge construction projects.
- Maintain bridge files.
- Provides administrative support to the Manager, Environmental Services with administrative
duties relating to capital projects.
- Manage project files including budgets for Environmental Services capital projects.
- Coordinate and track new and existing Septage Agreements.
- Track and monitor lagoon manifests and prepare utility invoice details for processing.
- Provide administrative support to the Greenview Regional Waste Commission.
- Provide administrative support to the Facilities and Maintenance group.
- Distribute subdivision referrals to the appropriate Manager for approval when required.
- Draft, prepare and track service contracts and agreements as required.
- Draft external correspondence as requested.
- Provide administrative support for the preparation of the Infrastructure & Planning yearly budget.
- Process road closures and road allowance licensing.
- Process oilfield requests and notifications when required.
- Act as liaison with Engineering Consultants and Surveyors.
- Complete website updates and announcements as required.
- Review and provide draft update recommendations of policies and bylaws.
- Maintain and update inter-departmental form templates.
- Complete tender postings on Alberta Purchasing Connection website.
- Attend meetings to provide administrative support and minute taking as requested.
- Prepare Meadow to Mountains submissions on a quarterly basis.
- Provide backup coverage for the Executive Assistant, Infrastructure & Planning as required.
- Provide backup, front-desk reception coverage at the Administration Building and the
Operations Building as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager, Infrastructure & Planning and
Assistant General Manager, Infrastructure & Planning.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above
to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision.
- Grade 12.
- Post-secondary administrative training/education.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum 3 years in an office environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from employees, Management, Council and
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Occasional light lifting.
- Extensive use of computer and telephone.
- Long periods of sitting, good lighting, temperature and noise control.
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required.
- All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the
Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal
District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and activities required of the position.
JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume by November 29, 2019, in one of the
Mail or Drop Off:
Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079, Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0