Parallel Welding, Fabrication Ltd. is a division of Parallel Divisions - Parallel Group of Companies. We are a rapidly expanding group of companies supporting the mining, aggregate, steel and hemp industries along with some of the largest wood-based manufacturers (sawmills, lumber mills, OSB plants) in North America. Parallel is located in the interior of BC with over 100 full time employees. We are seeking an individual keen to grow long term with us in our Financial Department. The successful applicant must have exemplary practical, hands-on experience including, but not limited to:
- Payroll, AP, AR, Invoicing.
- Tax and HR compliance per regulations and deadlines.
- Interfacing directly with clients on invoicing and billing related matters.
- Interfacing with Site Supervisors and Management to ensure the timely receipt of information required for invoicing and payroll.
- Interfacing with personnel regarding payroll, time sheets, hire packages, T4s, and the like.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors, bankers, government agencies, accountant, as required.
- Preparing financial reports, managing financial records and fiscal control.
- Improving departmental systems and procedures, as necessary.
- Adept at using Accounting Software and the Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proven Bookkeeping experience and proficient user of accounting software (QuickBooks).
- Experience supporting day-to-day financial functions such as AP/AR, payroll, invoicing for medium sized companies.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Able to manage, guide and support employees exercising your high emotional intelligence.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly self directed and motivated with a strong desire for performance excellence.
- Professional, quick learner, optimal integrity, strong initiative and positive leader.
- A genuine interest and experience in the forestry industry is an asset.
Rate is commensurate with experience.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this position. Please note we are not able to hire out of country for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Do you live in Quesnel BC?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- HR: 5 years (preferred)
- QuickBooks: 4 years (required)
- Corporate Financial: 5 years (required)
- Fluent written and oral English (required)
- Bookkeeping qualification and experience (required)
- Remote interview process
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place