We are looking for a fresh and bright support personality to join our team. As an IT Technical Support Analyst(On-site Events), you are responsible for delivering efficient, effective IT help desk support with an emphasis on working independently as a POS Systems on-site event support technician. You will apply broad knowledge of systems and programs, looking for opportunities to continually improve the organization’s use of technology, to result in enhanced productivity.
In this job as IT Support Analyst you will provide full-time support with the majority of time spent providing on-site installation / support. This involves working with coworkers to tackle issues and handle the resulting incidents and service requests using the incident management system and request fulfillment processes in line with the objectives of the Support Desk.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assists with the installation, configuration, training and support of POS and related peripheral equipment either at our office or on-site with the customer
- Provide first level support when necessary to customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems as they relate to all Store Technology via phone, email, or remote desktop support (before and during scheduled events)
- Maintain appropriate documentation and resolution information through Helpdesk/CRM tool,
- Assist and bolster the IT Support team in creating and maintaining internal processes for various Store Technology roll out projects and execute where necessary
- Technical resolution - troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving retail application issues through a full incident life cycle.
- Support ticket management - managing tickets through Helpdesk/CRM tool, by taking ownership and providing accurate updates
- Shift flexibility - We provide support for stores 24/7 with 17/5 cover in the office. There is mandatory on-call shift work so the flexibility to work evenings and weekends is a must.
- Process driven - Ability to follow documentation to fix issues in a series of steps.
- Commitment to improvement - Contributing new information to our knowledge base and bringing ideas to the team.
- Communication Skills - Professional and effective communication skills over multiple media: Telephone, email, in-person.
- Other related tasks as required
What you'll need to succeed:
- 2+ years customer service experience
- 1+ years IT Support / Helpdesk or related field
- Diploma in Computer Information Systems or related field
- Excellent verbal and customer service skills
- Aptitude to learn quickly and perform well under pressure
- Ability to work independently yet within company guidelines
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and professional maturity
- Eagerness to continue to learn, take on new challenges, and support the business and technology team with new and changing needs.
- Must have reliable car and have valid G license.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to stand, sit, or walk for an 8 hours work shift; able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 lbs. without assistance
- Candidates must be flexible with shifts; they can fall anywhere from 8:30 am to 11 pm and will likely included one weekend day
- Usual on-site support include up to three evenings per week with one being on the weekend
- On-call work is mandatory of this role. There is a weekly rotation within the team.
IT is a deadline intensive, hard working department, in a casual, laid back atmosphere. Individuals are expected to contribute and share their ideas on a regular basis.
- 80% On - Site
- 10% 1st Level Support
- 10% Projects
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- IT Support: 2 years (Preferred)