Mississauga Bus, Coach & Truck Repair Inc.
Mississauga Bus, Coach, & Truck Repair Inc. (MBCT) is an innovative Canadian organization founded in 2002. Our 60,000 square foot service and repair facility in the GTA requires skilled staff to increase our existing workforce.
Opportunity: Road Service Technician/Mechanic – Allison Transmissions
As part of expansion strategy and to better serve our distributors and customers, we are hiring an experienced service technician/mechanic to operate at customers’ sites performing repairs on fleet buses and coaches, with an emphasis on serving Allison Transmissions.
Location: Head office - 6625 Kestrel Rd. Mississauga, Ontario.
Major Intersection: South of Tomken and Courtneypark
Shift: Morning Shift: Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm.
Overtime possible, but not guaranteed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that safety is the top priority in all activities performed;
- Conducts thorough and rigorous safety checks on vehicles;
- Able to carry out many routine light to medium repair or replace operations with limited supervision;
- Understand and able to achieve quality standards in restoration and repair, to reduce and eliminate re‐work and warranty claims;
- Able to advise Service Managers of additional repair or maintenance that could be performed;
- Prepare inspection, maintenance, work reports, and record details on prescribed forms in accordance with established procedures;
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
- Lifting up to 50lbs;
- Standing for extended periods of time;
- Occasional bending or stooping;
- Periods of sitting while driving;
- Exposure to exhaust, grease and shop noise.
Skills that would make you the preferential candidate:
- Must be a licensed 310T journey-person or apprentice;
- G class Ontario license or equivalent;
- Must have experience repairing or servicing Allison Transmissions;
- Previous experience working as a road service technician would be positive.
- Experience working with minimal supervision;
- Use of computers. All of our employees are required to enter shop notes through computers;
- Ability to work autonomously, adapt to different situations and manage stress;
- Demonstrate good teamwork skills and maintain positive interactions with others;
- Good verbal, reading comprehension and writing skills;
- Knowledge of first aid, WHMIS, or Kaizen/Lean would be beneficial.
What we offer
- A safe work environment evidenced by an excellent safety record;
- Challenging, long term and full time opportunity;
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience;
- 40 hours a week with potential for overtime;
- Employee/family medical and dental benefits after 3 months;
- Monthly RRSP contributions after 24 months;
- Training opportunities. As an engine and transmission dealer we train our employees with the manufacturer's training program.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume for consideration. Please note that with the volume of responses, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Mississauga Bus Group of Companies is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and their perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time