POSITION DESCRIPTION: Sales Representative with strong emphasis on Architects & Designers,
Greater Toronto Area
Gerflor creates, manufactures, and markets innovative, decorative and sustainable flooring solutions and wall finishes. We develop specific flooring and wall solutions to meet every indoor market application need: housing, healthcare, education, sport, retail, industry, offices, hospitality and transport vehicles. Gerflor Group gathers several world-renowned product brand names, such as Taraflex®, Mipolam®, DLW Landscape, Creation LVT, Taralay®, Tarasafe and GTI.
Promote, specify and sell Gerflor flooring products in the Greater Toronto area, as part of the Central Canadian Region. Through training and experience, the Sales Representative Architecture & Design will use his or her broad knowledge and excellent social skills to advice and encourage specification and application of our flooring products with all relevant stakeholders but with a strong emphasis on the architecture & design community and end-users in the territory.
- To generate specifications through relationship selling to the architectural, design and end-user entities.
- To prepare, organize and present product knowledge sessions of CEU presentations and other commercial marketing vehicles, specifically marketed to Architects, Interior Designers and End User groups.
- To call on General Contractors, Flooring Contractors to support your specifications in the territory.
- To fully utilize the provided lead generating programs and project tracking applications such as CMD, the Construction Associations and other associations Gerflor has membership in.
- Participate in local industry trade shows and events, where direct networking with architects, designers, and end-users are an opportunity to generate further sales.
- To resolve customer issues by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management.
- To provide after sales support including site visits for installation and maintenance concerns, including those of the “end-user”.
- An active and engaged team player, making a positive contribution to the regional and national sales results.
- To establish own travel schedules, set up appointments, meetings, and manage own general work environment.
- To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and progress reports, such as monthly project reports.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work well both in team environment and independently
- Strong drive for success and result driven focus
- Successfully manage their time and territory
- Demonstrate ability and comfort in working with computers and modern office software programs
- Experience in working with the design community, or a clear strong affinity with it, is considered an asset
- Willing and able to occasionally travel overnight and abroad
The sales representative for the GTA reports to the Director of Sales for the Central Region. For the right candidate, Gerflor offers an attractive compensation package: base salary and bonus plan, car allowance and contributions to group health plan and RRSP.
Job Type: Full-time
- related: 2 years (Preferred)