Position Title: Accounts Receivable Representative
Reports To: National Sales Manager
The Accounts Receivable (A/R) Representative is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting accounts receivable payments. This includes maintaining data, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities. The A/R Representative will also administer, refunds, adjustments, and any other accounting transactions related to A/R management. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization.
- Collaborate with the VP Finance to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
- Post and reconcile customer payments to general ledgers.
- Prepare and complete bank deposits.
- Post A/R data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/R batches; prepare and distribute income reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Form collection strategies to mitigate customer objections to making timely A/R payments.
- Investigate collection problems and advise customers on corporate A/R policies and procedures.
- Make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts; escalate transfer to Delinquent Accounts or outside collection agency as necessary.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Support the A/P process by posting invoices from local vendors and other related A/P duties as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and 5+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination.
- 5+ years direct experience in an A/R capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong knowledge of collection regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to handle late payments and delinquent accounts.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
Why Stone Tile?
Our attitude, approach and entrepreneurial spirit sets us apart from our competitors. We know our success comes from our people and we place a high emphasis on their well being.
Stone Tile is rapidly growing as a company and we believe all members of our family should do the same. We care about our employees, which is why we believe in personal and professional growth and will work diligently to provide the support needed for you to reach your goals.
Perks and Benefits:
- Flexible paid time off- float and sick days are provided annually
- Frequent team outings and company wide events including long weekends BBQs, Employee Appreciation Day, games night, bagel breakfast, holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- New parent benefit bonus
- Free parking
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Milestone Service Award
- Commitment to professional growth
Stone Tile is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request. To request any accommodations, please specify in your application.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)