Nuvyyo is looking for a Web Application Developer who is passionate about creating beautiful, polished apps that customers love using. In this role, you will design and implement new features for the Tablo Web, Mobile (Cordova), and Smart TV (web) apps. We are looking for self-starters who will hit the ground running from day one.
We're a small team that cares deeply about building the best user experiences. We sweat the details from the UI all the way down to the well-tested codebase. There’s never a shortage of interesting and challenging work to get done. We all wear a lot of hats, and you will too. We’re constantly experimenting with new tools and technology, but right now we work with React and Cordova. We also use GitHub, Slack, and Clubhouse for planning and collaborating.
What You'll Do
- Own features for the Web app from concept through development and implementation
- Ensure that your code works as designed by writing automated unit tests, which run as part of our continuous integration workflow
- Show attention to detail when building user experiences and writing concise, robust, and elegant code
- Instrument your code to keep the app fast and responsive
- Participate in code reviews to both teach and learn from your peers
- Brainstorm and experiment with new ideas to help guide the product
*What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of professional Web development experience
- Experience building custom views and animations
- Significant experience interfacing with web APIs - We use HTTP, WebSockets, and JSON
- Proficiency with HTML5 and the DOM
- Proficiency with JS front-end frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, Ember, Backbone, etc.)
- Proficiency with server provisioning, setup and maintenance (Heroku, Docker, AWS, etc.)
- You have experience with some of the following:
- Cordova (or PhoneGap)
- CSS3 (as well as LESS, SASS, etc.)
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) services such as EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, SES, IAM, Route 53
- Databases (both relational and document-oriented)
- Webpack (or similar such as Gulp, Rollup, etc.)
- Continuous integration (CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.)
- Nice to have: UWP (Xbox and Win10), WebOS, Tizen
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
*Working at Nuvyyo
- We offer competitive salaries with a benefits package
- You'll be working on exciting products in the emerging space of connected TV devices, with lots of opportunities to help shape the Tablo experience
- We are located in the heart of Kanata's technology hub with free parking and easy access to transit
- If this sounds like you, email us highlighting why you think you would make a great addition to our team.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for our innovative company, but we will only acknowledge those applicants to whom we will offer an interview.
Nuvyyo respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.
Job Type: Full-time