The Role - OFA Level 3
Irwin's Safety, provides the highest standard of full cycle safety services throughout Canada and we are currently looking for OFA Level 3 in Kelowna, Kamloops, Merritt, Prince George, 100 Mile House, and Quesnel to assist with wildfires. The primary responsibilities will be to provide emergency medical care to injured or ill workers, including making transport decisions within their scope of practice.
- Provide First Aid in line with Federal & Provincial regulations
- Safely driving MTC’s to and from work sites
- Maintaining MTC’s, all equipment, and medical shacks. Take pride in the cleanliness of the MTC and/or First Aid facilities. Inspecting and Inventorying equipment daily.
- Complete pre/post trips on MTC
- Collect and maintain confidential medical information
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed properly
- Effectively communicate, solve problems, and make decisions
- Coordinate emergency care and intercepts if required
- Follow all Health and Safety Policies
- Read, understand and comply with the company’s Medical Control Guidelines, safety policies and job procedures, as well as all applicable government laws and regulations.
- Report to the area station manager and take specific job directions from Operations for the station in which he/she is working.
- Work within their applicable scope of practice determined by their licensing body
- Work long hours, both day and night shifts are available (12 hour shifts)
- Must possess valid OFA Level 3
- Valid S-100 & S-185 training certificate
- Class 4 driver's license with clean driver’s abstract is an asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience preferred but will train a suitable candidate with less experience
- Current (unrestricted) registration with an applicable provincial licensing body
- Valid WHMIS certification
- Smart phone with data plan
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to the following job posting with copies of your valid certifications.
Job Type: Temporary
- OFA Level 3: 2 years (Preferred)
- Class 4 Drivers Licence (Preferred)
- OFA 3 (Preferred)
- S-100 Basic Fire Suppression & Safety (Preferred)