Job Number: 81213
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital, McMaster University Medical Centre, St. Peter's Hospital, West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
Organization: Quality & Value Improvement
Status: Casual Job Part-time
Hours per week: .01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 25.5584 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 26.0799
Post Date: Apr 3, 2020, 4:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Apr 10, 2020, 3:59:00 AM
The Corporate Scheduling Office support the scheduling, staffing, time and labour entry of all HHS employees. In collaboration with all programs and services, the staff of the Corporate Scheduling Office are accountable for: development, implementation and evaluation of staff schedules and day to day staffing needs of all employees of Hamilton Health Sciences. The CSO will provide consistent, fiscally responsible schedules based upon scheduling best practices, utilizing Automated Scheduling, Time and Labour Entry software. The CSO will ensure employees are scheduled appropriately and pay data is captured in accordance with established policies, procedures, collective agreement provisions and ESA.
Reporting to the Manager – Corporate Scheduling Office, the Business Clerk is responsible for the provision of scheduling services to support programs and designated service/care areas.
Schedule Work Hours
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends and Holidays
1. College certificate/diploma in Business, Secretarial or Office Administration (or Business experience)
2. At least 3 years relevant work experience in a scheduling/administrative environment.
3. In-depth knowledge of Union and Non-Union contracts and language related to ONA, CUPE and OPSEU and ability to apply collective agreement language.
4. In-depth knowledge of human resource policies, procedures and demonstrated ability to interpret and consistently apply these
5. Experience with Kronos ESP (Environment for Scheduling Personnel) Software or automate scheduling software is an asset.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and keyboarding skills of 40WPM.
7. Excellent organizational and time management skills
8. Proven communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal.
9. Thrives on being a creative problem solver.
10. Excellent Listening skills and client relationship skills.
11. Ability to be self-directed and take initiative while working independently and remaining focused on an assignment through to delivery.
12. Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment.
13. Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict and problem solve
14. Excellent organizational and time management skills
15. Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative, organize and establish priorities and meet deadlines.
16. Demonstrated ability to make decisions in accordance with policies, legislated requirements and collective agreements and in accordance with HHS core values.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement