McElhanney Ltd. is currently seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as a Civil Engineering Technologist in Penticton, BC. This role is ideal for someone looking to grow his or her design/construction engineering experience by working on a wide variety of land development, municipal, and construction projects. The individual will be an expert with Civil 3D, AutoCAD, and other technical software.
The successful candidate will work alongside the engineering, planning and environmental divisions within our Penticton branch that services the Okanagan area. In addition, the individual will have opportunities to support McElhanney’s 30+ branches on multidisciplinary projects in a variety of service sectors.
- Assist in the production of engineering designs, drawings, specifications, cost estimates and tender documents for projects such as potable water, sanitation, stormwater management plans, roadway design, site grading and drainage systems;
- Take projects from preliminary concepts and sketches into engineering designs, plans, and project documentation requirements, using primarily Civil 3D, as well as other technical software as needed;
- Coordinate the preparation of documents required for regulatory approvals, prepare construction cost estimates and tender documents/contracts;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved;
- Identify issues and facilitate corrective measures, think independently;
- Liaise with contractor, clients/owners and affected stakeholders.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology plus 3-5 years’ experience in municipal design and construction;
- Advanced proficiency in Civil 3D Software is essential;
- Registration as an A.Sc.T. or other technical accreditation is considered an asset;
- Candidates will have, or will immediately obtain and maintain, membership with the regulatory association in the province in which the work is being done);
- Excellent communication, client management, and relationship-building skills;
- Ability to work without supervision as well as within a busy and close-knit team environment;
- Experience in the training/supervising of junior technical staff would be an asset.
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
Located in the sunny Okanagan region of British Columbia, Penticton has the best climate in Canada as ranked by Environment Canada. The semi-arid desert climate provides over 2000 hours of bright sunshine and only 23 cm of rain per year. Average temperatures are 28!
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.