FirstOntario Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in Ontario. We are a trusted co-operative financial intuition dedicated to providing competitive banking products and services and a quality Member service. More than 118,000 Ontarians choose FirstOntario for their financial needs – from chequing and savings accounts to loans and mortgages and highly qualified investment advice. Our Membership does more than save you money on fees, it also makes you an Owner. At FirstOntario, we believe the best way to ensure our success is by supporting the communities we serve. That’s why our policies include volunteering our time, talent and resources to worthy local causes and events. It’s also why we reinvest our profits in the same places they’re earned, and why we sponsor programs that promote financial literacy and economic development.
In the role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide prompt, accurate, efficient transactional sales including but not limited to drafts, AFT, bill payments, direct debit, stop payments, bill payment setup, deposits, withdrawals, cheque cashing, - Member cards and pinning, cheque ordering and general statement inquiries
- Recognize and act upon appropriate opportunities to engage Members in discussions to enhance their services with FirstOntario through providing advice on other products or consolidation of business held with competitors; refer to appropriate staff as required
- Track referral activity
- Actively contribute to campaign activity, as directed
- Adhere to Member Experience Standards with all Members and prospective Members that you come into contact with
- Put Member’s, or prospective Member’s needs for service and attention before any administrative/ operational work of your own
- Work with Member to resolve inquiries and/or concerns
- Refer to other available staff if “wait time” for other Members may be compromised
- Process transactions for other staff members, as required
- Perform retention activity (term maturities, etc.), when requested
- Promote all alternative delivery channels to the Member including but not limited to online banking, PAT, mobile banking etc.
- Assist in achieving the targets, goals and objectives relating to business development as set forth by the Branch Manager or designee
Requires Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Up to 1 year of Credit Union or other Financial Insitution or customer service experience
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Temenos Banking System
Our emphasis on service means we’re constantly searching for new team members whose dedication to helping people is as powerful as their ambition to succeed. We’re committed to providing professional development, and to extending employee activities beyond day-to-day operations to support the communities where we’re located. Our people are the difference, it’s a part of why we love coming to work.
If this sparks your interest and you demonstrate high levels of integrity and credibility, we should talk. Check out our website for the full job description and prepare your cover letter and resume listing your experience, qualifications, and submit it online through our website.
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
FirstOntario Credit Union will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities, where needed, to support their participation in our recruitment process.
Job Type: Part-time