Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Manager, Air Service Development
1 Full-time, Permanent Position
Need to Know
At Edmonton International Airport, we offer challenging, rewarding opportunities that allow employees to thrive in what they do. Our work culture is known for being open, collaborative and inclusive. We recognize that great work gets accomplished when spontaneous fun is involved, and we make an effort to celebrate successes and milestones whenever we can. We’re also big believers in the power of setting professional goals and encourage employees to do so on a regular basis. We always want to know how we can support our most valuable stakeholder and enhance the partnership that exists between managers and their employees.
We look for positive, energetic people to fill vacancies on our team who are not afraid to take on inevitable challenges. We also look for diversity among our applicants, including in backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and ways of working together. It’s this diverse community of people that allow us to shine and make better decisions that support our business plans.
You should also know that one of our core values is “invested in our talent”. We consider professional development, specialty training and career growth among our top priorities. To learn more about us, visit our website.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to work, see below for our latest hiring opportunity.
Is This Role for You?
Reporting to the Director, Passenger Markets & Air Service Development the Manager is a member of the Air Service & Commercial Development Management team. This position is accountable for developing and expanding flights for EIA in domestic, and international markets. The key elements for this role include the ability to translate data into strategy, along with the ability to showcase relationship building skills that set a foundation of trust and productivity with EIA’s partners and excellence in implementation. This position is focused on the air service strategies which include relationships with airlines, consumers, corporations, Economic Development, Chamber of Commerce, travel agents and tourism/business partners in order to develop More Flights to More Places. This role will act as an advocate for business development, diversification and innovation while driving strategic direction for expanded air service. Through relationship building, airline proposals, and marketing and sales plans, this position is engaged with stakeholders with a focus on air service development.
Day in The Life
You might be wondering what you can expect in a typical day at work. Every day will bring new opportunities, focusing on key responsibilities, including:
- Develop and execute on an internal air service development business plan, and marketing and sales platform.
- Acquire & utilize passenger market intelligence to inform decision-making and build on air service development opportunities.
- Create and maintain professional relationships with key airline partners to aid in securing new routes and contributing to capacity growth at EIA.
- Ability to analyze data to identify air service opportunities. Understand and research the customer data from communities that use Edmonton International Airport to determine added value and requirements for each community.
- Collaborate with and support other strategic business units in changes to airport operation, facilitation and passenger experience that improve the EIA product.
- Provide direct support to other EIA employees through research, development of information products and sales support activities.
- Identify the necessary budget requirements for the provision of air service and sales campaigns.
- Manage key projects as well as participate as a stakeholder on projects relating to air service development, such as tourism, airline operations, etc.
- Facilitate opportunities with airline partners and other business/tourism partners to drive business development, joint campaigns and act as a local knowledge resource for the airline
- Participate in a collaborative and open environment with other air service development team members including regular updates and communication
- External focused position that requires travel.
- Degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in airline network planning, business development, air service, airline operations, sales and marketing considered assets
- Familiarity with transportation and logistics related to Airport/Airline business
- Cross-cultural skills; A second language is an asset
- Strong attention to detail resulting in excellent output
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice, including Word and PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication with an emphasis on strong stakeholder relations
- Knowledge of business analytics and statistics skills
- Ability to research, analyze, and present data gathered from a wide variety of reference sources
- Experience with airline or airport is an asset
- Public speaking & presentations skills
- Ability to secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal record check is required
Director, Passenger Markets & Air Service Development
Commensurate with experience
Applicants from this posting may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature.
Edmonton International Airport is an equal opportunity employer.