Environnemental Service Attendant – Acute care
Grow your career with a company that shares your passion! Our Healthcare Division has an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo team as our next Environmental Service Attendant!
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
· Clean acute areas including clinics, offices, common areas, washrooms, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention
· Sweep, mop, scrub, polish floors and vacuum hallways, stairs and office space
· Clean finishes and fixtures including ceilings and vents, walls, furniture, windows and window coverings
· Properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and company standards
· Empty trash and garbage containers
· Replenish supplies
· May be required to use specialized cleaning equipment / processes
· May change sheets and replenish linens
· May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs
· Attend training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated
· Comply with all company, local and provincial safety and risk management policies, procedures and initiatives
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
· One year of hospital housekeeping experience preferred
· Vulnerable sector check
· Criminal Background check
· Updated immunizations
· Ability to use tools and equipment and to perform the physical aspects of the job
· Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills, willing to go beyond the basics
· Ability to work under supervision and follow standard procedures, and compliance with all health and safety standards
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
· Flexible work environment
· Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
· Training and development programs
· Countless opportunities for growth
· Corporate responsibility & sustainability
· Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019
· Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes 2019
· Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
· And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs
Job Type: Casual, Part-time, Including weekends
Job Types: Temporary, Casual