Reporting to the Event Operations Supervisor and the Event Operations leadership team, this position is responsible to prepare coffee breaks, carts and stations with appropriate food and beverage as stated in the Banquet Event Order. Setup meal and reception buffets, taste panels, individual event functions, server head table and/or VIP tables without managerial assistance. Serve food and beverages to guests following cycle timelines and dietary requests. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary, client and associate information as well as protect company assets.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean, wrinkle free and professional
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption including disinfecting hands prior to handling food
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass and silver prior to use
- Prepare tables, action stations, buffets, service carts, dessert table/carts and cordial carts with specified tools, wares and equipment according to the Marriott Standards.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact and a friendly verbal greeting using the guests’ names when possible
- Anticipate guests’ service needs including asking questions of guests to better understand and act on their needs
- Accurately answer guest questions and communicate with the kitchen regarding food substitutions, length of wait, re-cook orders, dietary requirements and all allergies.
- Accurately serve food and beverages to guests as per the Banquet Event Order or specific needs
- Actively listen and respond positively to guests questions, concerns and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight and build trust
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities including assisting visually, hearing or physically impaired guests with in the Marriott guidelines
- Bus tables by removing and separating tableware, plateware and flatware
- Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation from opening to closing
- Assist team members to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol
- Use proper equipment, wear correct personal protective clothing and employ correct lifting procedures to avoid injury
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures
- Complete closing duties including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, re-stocking items, turning off lights, locking doors and completing daily cleaning checklist
- Report work related accidents or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to the Supervisor
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- At least one year of related work experience
- Knowledge of basic sanitation controls and purpose and use of cleaning supplies
- Knowledge of Marriott sanitation standards, food handling safety and sanitation procedures
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation options will be available in the local area.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent