We are currently looking for an experienced POS Business Analyst for our client based in Downtown Montreal.
Our client is a SaaS company that has a suite of solutions servicing the Retail industry.
- Investigate and document existing systems and identify gaps and propose cost effective and efficient solutions to serve business needs.
- Create process documents, requirements documents; translate requirements into functional specifications for hand-over to internal and/or external technical teams and subject matter experts.
- Create documentation of current process for business case development, projects and supporting activities, including case studies, findings, conclusions, recommendations, request for proposal, data and process flow diagrams, specifications, test strategy, training materials, user documentation, etc.
- Lead and participate is discussions regarding business processes, hardware, networking and secure communication or encryption requirements with customers and third-parties.
- Lead and participate in project teams to implement system solutions Use Case workshops; Business Modeling and Design walkthroughs.
- Identify and facilitate the development of needed policies and procedures for specific and overall processes in a clear, concise, and easily understood manner. Oversee the production and maintenance of design documents, verify that requirements are testable and generate testing case scenarios as required.
- Define operational reporting requirements for new initiatives or enhancement projects. Work with marketing, clients and IT to help resolve process gaps.
- Formulate and recommend new policies, methodologies and standards to improve the quality of deliverables.
- Required minimum 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or System Analyst and be able to demonstrate applied experience with working on medium to large-scale projects in a Retail Point of Sale environment. This includes hands-on experience with POS hardware, networking, configuration and support.
- Expertise in requirements and functional design facilitation and documentation, including modeling tools and methods.
- Good understanding of Store operations (retail knowledge is a plus)
- Ability to effectively manage multiple activities or projects of varying complexity with conflicting priorities involving cross-functional teams and aggressive time constraints.
- Team player with a desire to continuously improve current business practices/processes.
- Strong interviewing skills with the ability to extract requirements from others.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to build accurate, comprehensive business cases, define and document optimal practices.
Job Type: Full-time
- POS Business Analyst: 2 years (Preferred)