Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
About Equitable Bank
Equitable Bank is Canada's challenger bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. We don’t have branches or cheques or paper statements – we put our money into simple, well-valued products instead. Equitable has >900 employees and >$31 billion in assets under management. In 2016 we launched a digital arm called EQ Bank, which now has >88,000 customers. We have all the trust, stability, and respect of a Schedule I bank, the desire to make a difference, and the agility to make it happen.
About the role
The Senior Project Manager, IT & Enterprise Portfolio will be a part of the Equitable Bank PMO which is the company’s “go to” destination for high quality Program and Project Management expertise.
You will be joining a relationship-oriented team that works with specific lines of business across Equitable Bank to deliver desired business outcomes through effective Program and Project Management. Senior PMs at Equitable Bank lead their assigned projects and are expected to position themselves as a Trusted Advisor to their Executive Sponsor. This means internalizing the strategy of the business being supported and providing guidance on how best to steer the team and deliver project goals while operating with full transparency as it pertains to issues and risks.
You need to be self-starter with strong leadership and communication skills who can take a concept and help drive it from the ideation stage all the way through implementation. You are proficient in traditional and emerging (Agile) delivery models and how/when to use them. You also understand that a project is not complete without effective change management and operational readiness practices to ensure a smooth transition to business as usual and the realization of benefits.
- Manages large-scale complex projects with up to 50 internal/external team members and ensure that they are staffed appropriately
- Feel a sense of project ownership and accountability
- Take responsibility for discerning the strategic goals of the work from ideation and delivering the desired business scope
- Lead and support multi-functional project teams to help them overcome barriers and perform at their best – particularly through times of ambiguity and/or changes in direction
- Roll up your sleeves and manage all aspects of the project lifecycle which includes driving and/or overseeing the SDLC components
- Lead planning at all levels to understand the work, responsibilities and dependencies to set the right expectations
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of Executive Sponsors and key stakeholders which includes managing effective governance forums to ensure timely and transparent decision making
- Build, support, maintain and evolve key systems and platforms through project activities
- Manage collaboration with multiple external vendors and partners as needed
- Ensure project risks are proactively understood and quickly resolving risks that have become issues
- Navigate Equitable Bank’s processes to ensure approval of funding and disciplined cost management
- Understand the business and technology solutions that meet the Challenger Bank’s needs
- Provide leadership, motivation, coaching and mentoring
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager leading multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Proficiency and experience in traditional as well as Agile concepts and usage
- Experience with Temenos T24, PortfolioPlus or other eCommerce platforms
- Solid vendor management experience
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with ability to readily communicate complex information in an easily understandable format
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills, to handle concurrent projects.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, business, finance or comparable work experience
- PMP & Agile certifications highly preferred
- Proficiency with the Atlassian Suite of projects, Jira/Confluence would be an asset
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry like banking, insurance, health care, etc.
- Governance experience, demand management, release management, or organizational change management experience (a plus).
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, incentives, and employee share purchase plan
- Comprehensive benefits package including discounted gym memberships and unlimited yoga
- A modern work environment in midtown Toronto, easily accessible by TTC (St. Clair Station)
- A fun, relaxed, diverse work environment
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.