Coast West Edmonton Hotel & Conference Centre is seeking a talented Front Office Manager with an entrepreneurial, energetic personality. You will lead your team and be responsible for guest services, controlling costs, and increasing departmental revenues.
Job Description: The Front Office Manager has overall responsibility for supervising Guest Service Agents, Night Auditors, and Security to ensure total guest satisfaction. Provide guidance and direction to all ambassadors to ensure they are adhering to all hotel policies, standards, procedures and regulations. The ability to perform all front office functions both quickly and efficiently along with functioning as a technical department resource and providing training new hires. Assist the other Department Heads in all areas to ensure smooth, efficient operations. THIS IS A HANDS ON JOB.
· Efficient and professional operation of all front desk team members.
· Visible in the front of the house during high traffic times to assist the front desk team and to ensure smooth guest service.
· Conducts day-to-day shift meetings or huddles.
· Initiates monthly department meetings with agenda and minutes.
· Attends weekly staff meetings and sales strategy meetings when needed.
· Ensures all policies and procedures are in place to adhered to.
· Ensures that all team members are trained on technical and service aspects of their position.
· Establishes control systems for controllable costs and labour in order to effectively meet budget guidelines
· Ensures that all team members clearly understand their job roles, responsibilities, and performance expectations.
· Gives constructive feedback to team members to assist them in their overall job performance.
· Collaborates with supervisors and hourly ambassadors to develop and carry out ideas and procedures in order to continuously improve department performance.
· Ensures that plans and actions are in place to meet departmental goals.
· Ensures that plans and actions to meet departmental goals are communicated, understood, and met by supervisors, and hourly ambassadors.
· Ensures good communication between all departments and the front office to better Serve our guests.
· Responsible for hiring, training, and development of all ambassadors working for the front desk. Counsel’s supervisors and hourly ambassadors on work related concerns and issues to ensure satisfaction and productivity.
· Daily and weekly preparation of departmental payroll of hourly ambassadors.
· Efficient in managing departmental expenses and payroll as it relates to Profit & Loss statements.
· Understanding the operations of other departments: Sales, Housekeeping, and Maintenance
· Ability to: Understand, interrupters, and explain all hotel SOP’s and team member handbook.
· Organize and prioritize daily work; monitor progress against schedule and business demands; manage own time and time of the department.
· Express facts, ideas, and messages to others in a clear, concise, and organized manner that is easily understood.
· Successfully manage stress, anxiety, and pressure associated with tight deadlines, heavy workload, and hotel emergency situations.
· Anticipate the needs of guests; display an open, friendly, courteous, and approachable demeanor to guests; proactively engage guests to provide quality service; maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude toward guest service.
· Clearly and effectively express ideas, facts, and messages verbally to others.
· Communicate goals; motivate and guide team members towards goal accomplishment; understand and provide clear explanation of job requirements and performance expectations;
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,500.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- No weekends
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T5S 1B2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Hotel Front Desk Supervisor: 3 years (required)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person