Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, our successful candidate must be a minimum 3 years experience designing and implementing end-to-end enterprise grade software and able to:
- Consume web APIs in a microservices architecture to build low to medium complexity User Interface for web and mobile.
- Design, Develop and Write code and unit tests to deliver using Agile Methodology.
- Build and test the code in different staging environments.
- Collaborate with other team members through pair programming and code reviews.
- Provide guidance and support to other team members.
- Communicate with client UI team regarding UI, UX and other visual requirements.
- Participate in sprint backlog planning and size user stories.
- Solid understanding of the Object-Oriented Programming and Functional programming paradigms.
- Write Semantic HTML5 from Photoshop Images/Invision Mockups
- Strong Experience in UI developer tools, debugging and UI Analysis.
- Experience in using version control (TFS or Git)
- CSS 3 specification (SASS/SCSS is an asset)
- Understanding of Typescript, babel, Linting, minification (webpack is an asset).
- Understanding of ReactJs (react redux integration is an asset)
- Understanding node.js, npm
- Understanding of Browser behavior, cookies, authentication and request/response lifecycle.
- Experience with web accessibility standards is an asset.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Demonstrates complete software life cycle experience and Design,
Develop microservices based applications or migrate existing monolith applications into Microservices based architecture. Understands design principles of a 12 factor app, and design and develop applications based on these principles.
Proficient in Java, Web technologies, Spring, Springboot, Groovy, Microservices communications, circuit breakers, service discovery, API gateway, Hibernate, RDBMS/No Sql DB and containerization.
Conversant with DevOps methods and tools.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Prefer candidates that possess a knowledge of IBM's internal structure and processes.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.