E-Commerce Web Specialist will support the implementation of e-commerce management, product management, positioning of products, follow the processes, monitor competitor products, promotions, pricing. Explore new clients, develop client relationship. Keep track of product availability, update inventory, images, pricing on client website. Strong data base skills MS Excel etc. A Mississauga based, category leading retailer is currently seeking a strong leader to head up its online website business with direct responsibility for all content of product descriptions and graphics. The Web Content Specialist will also be responsible for monitoring site usage in terms of traffic flow, and search engine placement. The candidate must be versatile, detail-oriented, and creative and be able to contribute to a variety of departmental initiatives.
· Develops architecture, participates in design and integration to support medium to large-scale initiatives; leads some design.
· Defines project scope, plans, and deliverables including cost and timelines.
· Develops and delivers presentations to peer-level audience.
· Writes and reviews technical specifications.
· Prepares detailed documentation for implementation teams.
· Plans and participates in testing requirements to validate system design.
· Applies defined guidelines to effectively manage risks.
· Recommends lifecycle/roadmap of simple products.
· Works with vendors to develop options and provide recommendations.
· Understands where to apply industry standards for the firm’s benefit.
· Performs third tier support on more than one system.
· Seen internally as an expert on one area of technology.
· Acts as a consultant on low-complexity issues
· Previous experience in the retail setting with management or leadership skills is preferred
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, Internet Explorer, AS400 and In-House Access Database
· Prior experience in e-commerce including retail business and fulfillment required
· Excellent communication with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
· High energy level with a strong work ethic
· Understanding and identification with the basic goals of the organization
· Assists in communicating to customers when inquiries are made
· Strong analytical ability coupled with creative problem-solving skills
· Must be able to lift 5 – 10 lbs
· Must be able to handle repetitive tasks
· Excellent organizational skills to prioritize workload
Experience & Education
· 5 to 7 years of experience as an IT e-Commerce architect or equivalent experience
· Knowledge of ITIL best practices and process improvement.
· Proven experience documenting integration solutions utilizing middleware service bus platforms
· Experience with Website redesigns and large programs
· College/University degree in a related field
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent