Centerplate is the Official Supplier of Food and Beverage Services to the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Experiences working with Centerplate at the Vancouver Convention Centre are unique and exceptional. We have amazing people and are proud to say, we love working here!
More great news! You also receive:
- Company contributions to health and dental benefits on our group plans (after wait period and qualifying regular hours)
- A three course meal option with your break
- A fresh, clean uniform provided with every shift
- A great work culture while working with an award-winning team
- Opportunities for skills and career development
- Excellent starting pay and ongoing pay for performance
- Access to the best equipment
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, service-oriented individual to join our team as a full-time EMPLOYEE ATTENDANT to organize and distribute employee uniforms, as well as support Human Resources in employee communications and programs.
Preparing uniforms for the different departments, distributing them to employees when they arrive for their shift, and tracking uniform returns from each shift.
- Being a central point of contact for welcoming employees, providing employee communications and administering programs, which at times includes cash handling.
- Distributing payroll statements, employee meal tickets, employee event tickets, dry cleaning, access cards and other request such as assisting HR with other administrative support as needed.
- Assisting in getting new hires set up on the time and attendance system, allocating lockers etc.
- Using our in house equipment to clean and steam uniforms as needed.
- Counting linens from morning deliveries, as well as lifting and storage of linens.
- Strong service-orientation, positive attitude and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well both within a team environment and independently and to adapt quickly to change.
- Confident and pleasant interpersonal skills to engage with our employees and Facility team members.
- Strong proficiency in English communication; written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Be physically able to stand for long periods and perform repetitive motions.
- Available to work in downtown Vancouver primarily Monday to Friday days, with flexibility to work into the evening and/or on some weekends as business demands require.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
If you believe you have the skills, experience and service excellence focus we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter with the position you are applying for in the email subject. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time