From everyday staples to gourmet specialties, Yummy Market is a European retail grocer located in the GTA that offers a unique shopping experience. In a true European tradition, our passion for wholesome, made from scratch foods combined with our commitment to offer great value is the driving force behind everything we do.
We are currently looking for a AZ/ DZ Truck Driver & Produce Clerk, who will operate our delivery vehicle and will adhere to the scheduled transportation requirements, including both pick-up and deliveries of shipments, while providing exceptional customer service.
The driver will observe and enforce all company policies and procedures and adhere to health and safety regulations.
· Driver takes truck to Ontario Food Terminal and back to both store locations (North York and Vaughan/Maple locations)
· Verify and check all products when arriving onto truck; this is to ensure product quality and qualities are correct according to the shipping invoices
· Driver must assist in placing products away in the proper facilities with help of receiving clerk and/or receiving manager, if required
· Driver must assist in all transfers to each store facility
· Any mechanical issues with the truck, must be reported
· Driver must maintain the vehicle in good working order and clean condition at all times
· Any issues dealing with schedules, must be reported to the General Manager - Produce
· A clean driver’s abstract will holding this position is required
· Following all Health, Safety, highway regulations
· Minimum of 3 years working experience in warehouse and/or Food Terminal
· Clean Driver's abstract
· Valid Driver's License (License “AZ” or “DZ”)
· Minimum of 3 years driving experience with AZ or DZ license
· Experience with air breaks
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Flexibility to work various shifts and weekends
· Basic English communication skills
· Basic accounting knowledge
· Must be able to drive for an extended period
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining Yummy Market but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Yummy Market is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent